Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Lights Out!

Discussion in News started by Brian, Nov 18, 2012

Which version are you going to use?

Light 12 vote(s) 16.9%
Dark 59 vote(s) 83.1%
  1. Jan 21, 2011
    This is nothing short of fan-fucking-tastic. :eat:
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dec 6, 2011
      I'm currently trying my ass off to find the post(s) where Brian told us vampires to come out of our caves and open a window, and that there will never be a dark theme. =P

Though seriously, your time and effort is highly appreciated @Brian, great job on this. I've been longing for a dark theme since the old forums disappeared.
      • Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • May 11, 2011
        Well they can go back to there caves now.And thanks so much Brian.
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Mar 20, 2011
          Thanks Brian for getting this theme knocked out of the park. :beer: for you!
          • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Feb 18, 2011
            Thanks Brian, I prefer this simply cause I get a headache most of the times with white backgrounds.
            • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Oct 8, 2009
              just switched my light back on, and it is sooooo weird now. ahahah
            • Jan 12, 2011
              At least the Forums and Steam now match. :thumbsup:

I want to stick with the light theme since I've gotten used to it, but maybe I'll switch back to dark for nostalgia's sake at some point. Regardless of what I do, I really want to say "Great work!" to Brian and Kyle for making sure the new theme works, and for making sure the text auto-recolors well between the themes! I'll keep my eyes peeled for bugs (such as hidden users showing up on the full chat page like this) and let yall know if I have any ideas to make it better!

(I'll probably start looking for a new color to work well under both themes anyway so I don't drive myself crazy while typing my megaposts.)
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
                Vadleon, Nov 18, 2012 Last edited by Vadleon, Nov 18, 2012
              • May 27, 2008
                Seriously, let me know if you find it. I remember seeing it too, you're not crazy.
              • Jan 12, 2011
                I simply searched for instances of "vampire" posted by Brian. Came up instantly. Behold the power of our search function! [IMG]
                • Winner Winner x 1
                • Jun 4, 2006
                  Pretty sure the key word with Brett's post was me claiming there would never be one, or perhaps I missed the point, but he got vampires right I suppose.
                • Jan 12, 2011
                  I did some looking for the "never" part. I'm still reading threads and posts, but maybe he just misremembered or only thought of the first part that I quoted? In the meantime, I've found some amusing things from times passed:
                  [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Dec 6, 2011
                    No. Never. I'm supposed to remember everything of every second ever said or done, in the history of ever.
                    • Funny Funny x 1
                    • Jan 12, 2011
                      Watch out everyone, we've got a timelord over here. [IMG]
                      Seriously though, it's a close enough memory that others probably could have mistaken as well.

Edit to not double post: Actually, I've found a better way to represent my feelings (as well as everyone else's) in response to the new dark theme:
                      This is for you, Brian and Kyle. :thumbsup:

Vadleon, Nov 18, 2012 Last edited by Vadleon, Nov 18, 2012
                    • Feb 11, 2012
                      Dark theme looks pretty awesome, i like it :smile:
                    • Feb 24, 2011
                      As a northern-Swede living in constant dark, i thank you dearly!
                      • Funny Funny x 2
                      • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
                      • Feb 1, 2011
                        Obligatory forum post color test post!!!!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

o gawsh thats pretty bad. gotta keep workin on that.

on second thought, i kinda like it!
                        dillinger, Nov 18, 2012 Last edited by dillinger, Nov 19, 2012
                      • Mar 16, 2008
                        [IMG]
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Jan 11, 2012
                          • Like Like x 1
                          • Sep 25, 2010
                            • Agree Agree x 1
                            • Jun 3, 2012
                              I love this! I've always preferred darker colors over lighter ones.