Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Login fail

Discussion in Minecraft started by Thorazine, Jan 28, 2012

1. Jan 14, 2008
    Tried Spout and vanilla clients. Version is correct, I was logged in playing for a few hours earlier today, although I did crash out with OOM while messing with render distance. Tried waiting an hour. Anyone else having this problem?
  2. Jan 14, 2008
    I'm able to log into other MP servers. Is the whitelist messed up?
  3. Jan 12, 2011
    Many of us had had similar issues for weeks. It's infrequent, but IIRC it usually has something to do with Minecraft.net messing up. Nothing can really be done on pF's end, other than disabling verification (besides, why would you want that?). Just wait it out and it will be back up in a few hours or a day hopefully. I hate it when it does that too, but the servers directing all this stuff are quite busy. :confused:

If it helps, try exiting your launcher and restarting it in a few minutes. It doesn't always work, but sometimes it could also be an error, like with the 'Bad Login' message. Doesn't work often though, what with the server verification thing being the actual issue...
  4. Mar 12, 2008
    if you use spout, try clearing the cache.

it usually says "could not verify username" for me sometimes and when i clear it, it goes away.

just go to the options button on spoutcraft and clear it.

Also make sure you use the recommended Development Builds option.

try logging in after that.
  5. Jan 14, 2008

Yes yes cache cleared and using dev build, no change. None of that would affect the vanilla client which is getting the same error. Hell I even deleted appdata/roaming/.minecraft entirely and started from scratch.

Reinstalled Java 7. Tried latest LWJGL libs. Minecraft.net is not down, I'm still able to log into other 1.1 MP servers just fine.

Have any of you actually tried to log in? I haven't seen anyone else on.