Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

lol wallbang

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive started by nyronic, Aug 30, 2012

1. May 17, 2011

wat
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jul 16, 2012
      Wow. Well it is still new. This problem can be fixed easily. I'm sure mappers can patch it up.
    • May 14, 2011
      Im pretty sure valve will once they see this
    • Jan 11, 2012

I think they might patch it during the next weeks
    • May 17, 2011
      Yeah I hope so, that's game breaking stuff. lol
    • May 14, 2011

Its just a simple bullet block they need to put behind the wall.
    • May 17, 2011
      its the way their "new" wall penetration code works, it's based off of the material you shoot, and pretty much ignores anything behind it. Those pillars and stuff were most likely props I think.
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Oo I'm going to do that shit with bots and fuck them up before they patch it. Thanks for this video.
    • Nov 29, 2010
      [IMG]
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Zing! Zing! x 1
      • Feb 24, 2011
        As far as i'm aware this is also do-able in 1.6.
        I believe they wanted to bring this feature back for GO since the professional/competitive 1.6 players takes this into account when playing.
        I'm not fully sure, correct me if my theory is wrong.
      • May 14, 2011
        Get an auto sniper and spray at head height through a wall? Seems legit.:razz:
      • Apr 9, 2012
        I don't think... Shooting throught a wall and the bullets zipping throught the whole map is legal in any way, especially not in competitive play. There is penetration at a certain margin between materials and walls but that just goes throught the whole map xD

I've had it a couple of times that I've gotten shot throught the most strangest places though
      • Feb 24, 2011
        I do agree that it does seem really weird being able to do that indeed, i just guessed that they wanted to bring back some 1.6 "features" by trying to look from the competitive side of CS.
      • Nov 11, 2011
        I've stated this before on the forums. I've played 1.6 competitively as well and I can tell you, all 1.6 fans are cheering this discovery. Luffaren, you are correct, Torbull from ESEA started the CS:GO project with Valve for the competitive industry, not your regular CS players. Torbull's goal was to get the 1.6 and CS:S communities unified on a new game so he had the top 1.6 and CS:S players give their constant feedback on how to develop the game. Wallbanging is an essential piece of 1.6 gameplay, Joris. Without wallbanging, it'll be just another game that 1.6 people will complain about and not play... which is counterproductive to their initial goal of unifying the players.
      • Apr 9, 2012
        I'm pretty sure I never said that wallbanging isn't essential or should have been removed. I just said that the way it now functions in the game is not correct as wallbanging only works at a certain margin and for a select amount of materials. Even in real-life, an awp would never ever be able to penetrate a wall that is about 10 meters tick? Let alone an AK47 or an M4A1 xD

Of course you are right that it's something important for competitive play, but it should firstly function normally instead of irrealisticly ;-)
      • May 17, 2011
        iirc I thought cs 1.6 was simply based off of a set penetration distance in units on a per weapon basis?
      • May 12, 2012
        They are spam spots, seems okay to me. 1.6 has them and competitively it works out great. This is something a lot of 1.6 players did not like about source, the lack of spam spots.