Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Long queue

Discussion in The No Count Section started by 911Trigger, Jun 20, 2012

1. Feb 9, 2012
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

[IMG]
  2. Apr 9, 2012
    Lol what for a stupid game is that? We live in 2012, you shouldn't wait to connect to a god damn fucking game :O I really frown upon this :-/
  3. Feb 9, 2012
    server just got brought back up from maintenance xD. they have huge traffic so theyre reducing it to stabilize the server as people join. just last year they have about 1.3 million players online concurrently. it's safe to assume the numbers may have increased this year.
  4. Apr 9, 2012
    Hmmm well in Guild Wars or WOW, if there's maintanance to do, they just shut down the servers for the time it takes for everyone, instead of just letting a selected region or amount of people play.
    That is in my opinion more faire than just letting some people advance while others should wait :S
  5. Feb 9, 2012
    the server was down for 8 hours, and people were flooding in to rejoin the game as soon as it was up xD.

It's a 5vs5 game, so stability is a huge issue when it comes to this game because lag will make people mad.
  6. Apr 9, 2007

Yes, I'm doing terrible this round.
  7. Feb 9, 2012
    2/10/7...and 4 denies. indeed u are! but i play league now, my dota'ing days are over.
  8. Aug 1, 2011

Blizzard has over 300 servers which the operate for various games and purposes. If they shut down every server every time they had to do a repair on just one of them, that would cost them millions and they'd probably go bankrupt. If 1 server has an issue, they take that 1 server offline and fix it. Also, during weekly maintenance, they don't boot up all the servers at the same time. Watch the server list during their boot up process, some servers come on right on schedule while others can stay offline for a few hours more. It's all based on who finishes the quickest.

All major servers will throttle their connections after boot up. If they don't, it causes major issues all around.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Oct 29, 2010
      In addition to what Toast just said, WoW has had server queues in the past.

Also if it hasn't already been mentioned, League of Legends (the game shown in the OPs image) is a free to play game, people can live through a short wait to play.
    • Feb 20, 2011

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
      • Funny Funny x 3
      • Feb 9, 2012
        they used to make it say queue position: 9001
      • Apr 9, 2012
        I agree with all what you say except that.
        Blizzard... Is never ever going to be bankrupt simply for that reason. They have so much money that they are simply unable to make them go bankrupt. Much like any big title in the gaming industry :S