Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Looking for someone to fix mg_bob4

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by ColdZero, Sep 5, 2012

1. Jul 17, 2012

Maybe some of you remember the MG map mg_bob4.
    It was one of my favourite obstacles maps.

But some day it got fucked up by one of the OrangeBox Updates.

Now i talked to w4nder (the mapper of this map), but he has not the knowledge to do something against it.

Now he gave me the original file and i try to find someone to cooperate to fix this map, cause i dont have the knowledge to this myself.

List of bugs i can remember:

-Tons of lags
    -some places are very dark
    -some missing textures
    -only 20 spawnpoints

If there is a mapper who is interested to cooperate with me then reply here and add me on steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/c0ldzer0

Would be cool if there could be some beta tests on the PlagueFest MG Server too.

Thx
    ColdZero
  2. May 14, 2011
    Bob maps are a no no on plaguefest. :smile:
  3. Jul 17, 2012

but maybe still someone want to do it even if they are not played on plaguefest:mean:
  4. Jan 27, 2011
    Bob maps are fun. But so many here complain cuz they cant beat it. Dont think we ever had bob4 on here. If you can find someone to fix it. You can suggest it on the Mg forums for maps and maybe we can give it a try
  5. May 14, 2011
    Nope @Brian would never allow a course map anywhere near the server. As I found out a while ago. :smile:
  6. Aug 7, 2012
    ob yeah that would be awesome if someone could so this
    i used to love this mal in the past
  7. Jun 4, 2006
  8. May 14, 2011
    Well yes. As you are the main person stopping the topic of this thread coming to our servers.
  9. Jan 30, 2011
    Well we did have Saw on the MG server, as well as several other course maps. I could see taking them off after awhile due to being repetitive, yet smee tower is still on. However, from my point of view I would just say that if a mapper does want to try and fix it, there might, MIGHT, be a chance that it could be put on the server, even just for a little bit. (and I'd like to note, this is completely from my point of view, so don't put too much stock into it)
  10. May 14, 2011
  11. Jun 4, 2006
    my stance hasn't changed. he's free to test the map on his own server or someone else's. really don't see why my response was needed.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Jul 17, 2012
      Its no Problem for me if you dont want this map on your server.

For me the main sense in this topic is if there is someone who wants to so this work, not to bring this map to pF MG server
    • May 15, 2011
      Are those really the only problems? Cause those aren't hard to fix, for any mapper, beginner or not. If the original mapper is saying he can't fix it, their must be more than just that.
    • Jul 17, 2012
      I think the other problem is that he is not interested anymore in mapping
    • May 15, 2011
      Heh. That makes sense. It's a hobby that gives us nothing in return except wasted time.

Since no one else seems to be interested, and the task doesn't seem very hard, I'm willing to do it. Shouldn't take more than a couple days. If I'm not to busy, that is. ^^
    • Jul 17, 2012

I will contact you as soon as i am back on my pc
      • Like Like x 1