Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Looking to upgrade my gear

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Kloud, Feb 25, 2014

1. Apr 3, 2013
    (Not sure if this is posted in the right section, feel free to move it to somewhere more fitting if any of you high admons can)

I've been using the same headset and mouse for almost 3 years now, and they're starting to get worn out, and I wanna get some ideas for good upgrades.

I'm currently using a Razer Deathadder Respawn and a Steelseries Siberia v2 Headset. I'm looking for recommendations for any good gaming mouse, preferably one suited for MMO's. Not sure if I should just upgrade it with a Deathadder 2013, but idk. Also prefer a headset with a liddle little mic on it. Budget is something under $200 dollurs for each thingie

Thanks in advance
    Kloud, Feb 25, 2014 Last edited by Kloud, Feb 25, 2014
  2. Jun 11, 2012
    Both mouse + headset? Or each independent 200$ ?
  3. Apr 3, 2013

Each independent $200, should have mentioned that
  4. Feb 27, 2012
    I'd say stick with the Siberia V2, that's probably the best headset you can get right now. For the mouse, i'm not really sure. I know the deathadder is good, but i also enjoy the R.A.T. series by Mad Catz, and for a cheap mouse i like the Gigabyte M6900, which is what i currently have.
  5. Feb 12, 2012
    Steelseries rival is what I use now and like.
  6. Jun 11, 2012
    Headsets are iffy usually. I say get a good headphone and a modmic. Best of two world that can be used independently.

As usual ATH M50 (~160$) + ModMic (30$). You get best audio and best mic. You can use the headphone when not in games to do other stuff and still not sacrifice audio. Or use the mic with speakers when need to.

Also anything beyong 2.0 on headset/headphone is a joke. There's no way to get 5.1,7.1, 23.2 on them, you headphone/headset jack outputs at 2.0 and the USB connection simulates it but the audio is like propagated everywhere which sounds like underwater poop time extravaganza.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jul 8, 2012
      I suggest the Logitech G600 (20 button mouse) or the Naga (19). I have used both, and love both. I currently have the neweset Naga and love it.

I second @He Who Must Not Be Named's suggestion for ATH M50s (or the X if you want the newest and greatest) and a mod mic. I love mine. Amazing sound, amazing audio. Amazing deal.
      • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
      • Nov 3, 2013
        no joke I play on a macbook air and I have no complaints except that I miss using a mouse lol
      • Feb 27, 2012
        I am so sorry.
        • Agree Agree x 3
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • Jul 8, 2012
          I tried playing on a 2012 MBP and it sucked, god awful. Would not recommend.