Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Looks like !ddisplay is breaking when the zombie health is increased

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Never Enough, Mar 16, 2012

1. Feb 14, 2012
    Happens on Mako. Looks like the variable is overflowing.

[IMG]
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    no, on Mako, (the level where they have unlimited health), the number just starts negative, and keeps going down. It's actually perfectly fine @NeverEnough . I actually had the same thoughts at first when I saw it. This really shouldn't be too much of a problem, if CT's notice that the number is negative, and keeps on going down, maybe they should get the idea that the zombie is never going to die? =P

Also, I like your p90 skin, I used to have that, but I went for this one instead: http://www.gamebanana.com/css/skins/115110

But I do have your Crysis hands in blue ^^
  3. Apr 9, 2007
    This is Valve (Well, it's technically the map setting Health to some obscene value) (My guess is they're using an unsigned short again). I can abs the value, but it wont be accurate since the above is overflowing.

I'll leave the decision in your hands.
  4. Jul 4, 2011
    The zombie has 50K HP, it's not unlimited, no idea why it's showing a negative number though.

It's a map setting (AddOutput --> health 50000).

Also, @NeverEnough, What P90/hand skins are those?
  5. Jun 4, 2006
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Feb 14, 2012
    • Jul 4, 2011
      Nop, it sets the HP to 50000, doesn't add.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      So its a hook on the client and I have a fundamental misunderstanding of what is going on.

I'll look into this further when I get home.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      No Tomo, it's unlimited. I was playing it last night, my HP would go back up to 50,000 every once in a while. It could just be a map bug, but as of this moment it's considered to be unlimited since it bumps back up to 50,000.
    • Jul 4, 2011
      There are triggers placed throughout the map, constantly setting it to 50000. If you stood still and had the whole human team shoot you, you would eventually die. You could say it's unlimited though as that was Hannibals intention (High enough not to die from bullets, low enough to die from ultima).
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Yea, pretty much. Though the triggers are placed so frequently, it's almost impossible to die as a starter zombie. So that's why this really isn't an issue. I think @Kyle has better things to work on :razz:
      • Agree Agree x 1