Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

LotR Mines of Moria

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by 911Trigger, Mar 30, 2012

1. Feb 9, 2012
    I noticed that the zombie spawn time should be lowered (as in sooner) by about 3-5 seconds. Sometimes a human will pick up the ring and a few seconds later they would be chosen as mother zombies. it doesnt happen all the time but it does sometimes end up making the person who pick up the ring to drop the ring down to the floor so that it is now inaccessible. The one important goal on this map is to keep the ring bearer alive as the final hold point is extremely hard without it. i think just setting the zombie spawn timer back by a few seconds should be able to fix this problem.

Edit: TLDR read the bold text.
  2. Feb 18, 2011
    The ring only sometimes drops off the cliff. I usually see the person get infected and the ring drops into the hands of the next person.
  3. Feb 9, 2012
    well once in a while itll even drop onto the floor instead, but still i believe this can still become a problem sometimes.
  4. Feb 21, 2007
    how come this has never been a problem before?
  5. Jul 4, 2011
    My guess would be that the new version of the map has a different timer.
  6. Feb 18, 2011
    Huh, I wanna see this for myself then.

I will look and see if it is, tbh for the few years the map has been out there hasn't been a problem despite the fact that trolls have fun tossing it off the cliff.

@Tony Montana would you be so kind as to assist me? <3
  7. Mar 30, 2012
    I don't think the timer should be sooner, I understand the ring bit but as the timer stands already we are getting picked off at the ladders and if you miss the first elevator you're pretty much done.

Even then if you lose the ring it isn't the end of the world, we all know half the time we don't get either staff anyways.

But if the higher ups say it's a concern and needs to be changed, then I'll have to agree for the last stand is a lot harder without the ring.
  8. Feb 9, 2012
    Yeh but the essential goal of the map is keeping the ring alive since it has a huge function at the end. It's true some end up losing the ring but that'd be the fault of the player usually. In this case it's actually the fault of the zombie spawn timer so it's more of a map fault so players shouldn't be punished for it. It's sorta like how sometimes on mako where ultima would not be spawned, it's not necessarily the players fault but we know how much of an impact it would have at the end to be able to have it.
  9. Mar 30, 2012
    I think it'd be easier then to move the ring up the map some more, because as it stands right now too many people are getting caught at ladders and the elevator. Spawn the zombie much sooner and even more people will be caught. The ring doesn't have to be that early in the game, have it placed outside where the staves are located. However I have no idea how much control you guys have, if you can influence the zombie timer but not the map placement then moving the zombie timer up is probably the best solution for now.
  10. May 11, 2011
    this would happen on the old one too but it was once or twice so it was never an issue