Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Resource Low volume sound files (weapons)

Discussion in Resources & Tutorials started by Tom Selleck, Jul 22, 2012

1. Jun 4, 2012
    [user]whoop!!![/user] Stop spamming [user]starssss[/user]'s posts with negative ratings. That shit's childish.

Stars, You're welcome!

[user]dillinger[/user] the .rar file is posted at the top of the thread and ready to go in case you missed it! :smile:
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Oct 29, 2010

I never got to say thank you for the files.

So I'm saying thank you for effort into the files.

My ears are finally saved from the cacophony of automatic weapons. . .

Note: Thanks for the prompt addition of the AWP and SG550 sound files. However, can you also add the Galil and the SG550's retarded cousin (I forgot the name) to the sound files?

Thanks.
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Mar 12, 2008
        An excellent troll move would be to replace the gunfire with your own recordings of you screeching. Make custom reload sounds too.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Jun 4, 2012
          You're very welcome! I'll see if I can get those added today sometime! Also, I assume that by the SG550's 'retarded cousin' you are talking about the G3sg1? (terrorist auto-sniper).
        • Jun 4, 2012
          Added the requested files, plus all the rest. Didn't test them though cause I don't have time. :smile:
        • May 25, 2012
          Hi. I know people find lowering these sound effects useful and all. Slight bump to this thread for that and an addition to the sound pack that @Tom Selleck has created. This file sound will edit the Mini-Gun sound effects you most often hear on ze_parking_v2a (v3_1 as well) and ze_predator_ultimate_v3 globally. You have no excuse to say "ear rape" when you use these files as they've been toned down greatly. Hope you enjoy a bit of soothing to your ears.

There are three sounds in the file, You just need to make sure it is fire1.wav. I never personally found a good sound choice preference on any of files included as I was never bothered by the sound effects throughout playing the maps so there are two choices (fire1_quiet.wav and fire1_quietest.wav). Find whatever you like the most and use it, I find quiet to be best but players who never pick up the weapons at all might find quietest to be the better choice.

Installation: Read the first post, But you mostly have to just navigate to ...\Steam\steamapps\(username)\counter-strike source\ and place the cstrike folder that you have extracted from Minigun_Sounds.zip from there. Choose the file you want (talked about just above) and play. Easy stuff.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?r57up053pxkcoo5
          • Like Like x 2
          • Useful Useful x 1
            Syoudous, Nov 30, 2012 Last edited by Syoudous, Nov 30, 2012
          • Oct 29, 2010
            In light of some complaints about how damn loud the constant drones of automatic fire can be. . .

This thread needs to be resurrected for all to view. It's a hidden treasure for those who have a hard time hearing what is said on the microphone/wish to listen to the music/going deaf because of CSS alone/etc.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Oct 29, 2010
              Got a couple of requests to add where to put the sound files:
              Desktop help for low sound volume

@Bender @Dharkk
              • Useful Useful x 1
              • Jul 20, 2012
                Alternatively if you want to experiment with the sound levels without editing the sound files, there is a quicker way.

Extract game_sounds_weapons.txt to your /custom/<yourfolder>/scripts/

and fiddle around with "volume". They are all "1.0", and if play alot on 64 player zombie servers you can go as low as 0.3 on the most noise making
                weapons like m249, p90, awp etc, and 0.5 on the medium noisy weapons. The shoting noises have "Single" in their names, and their wav files ends with "-1". So they are easy to find.
                Ps. There are two silencer weapon, they can be set to 0.7 or 0.8, but that is up to you to experiment with to your personal liking.

Ps2. Don't remove anything you think is something you won't touch anyway, because those sounds will be muted if you do.
                Something I forgot to check with "fire in the hole" which was in the radio txt file. But I use the console command "ignorerad" instead, which means ignore radio (sound and text).
              • Sep 6, 2010
                so I copied that folder into the sound folder but nothing changed....
                EDIT: it works now, many thanks! I hope the next update won't break it
                Highlander, Dec 22, 2013 Last edited by Highlander, Dec 22, 2013
              • Feb 3, 2012