Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Resolved LT. Pikachu

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Taters, Mar 3, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 12, 2008
    Didn't think i'd have to worry about this but after what was said at the last bit, I had to post this.

I was told to take it here so I did. After adin got warned, I (Ben D Straw) said two things in caps as I was anger-typing at someone that failed our cade and got gagged for it for "being a smartass". I probably missed his warning, but because I was just mind-blown about why that deserved a gag I started a running joke in chat about it over the course of two maps (every now and then, I wasn't spamming it or anything) and when I said it the last time in the second screenshot above, I ultimately got the response "Well I should have banned you when I had the chance". I "broke" a rule and now I apparently deserve to get banned for saying "Like this" and "What" at the worst possible times. If i'm in the wrong, please let me know. It didn't help that pikachu was acting like a dildo the whole time either. From 7 years of admin-ship and what I know about the rules, is unless they're talking in nonstop strings of caps, a few words in caps definitely should not deserve a gag especially if it's not harmful line-after-line spam. The thing that ticked me off most was one of his statements in the second screenshot. That's totally not cool, and I don't know of ANY of our admins that would ban someone for saying a couple words in caps. After re-reading the first screenshot, it appears that pikachu thinks ANYTHING in caps is not allowed. This is troubling, and needs to be sorted out.

I couldn't pastebin the first part since it got cut off after getting the second screenshot, but it's def in the logs. Check ~ 2-3 hours or so ago for the first part of the conversation; I have the second half of the screenshot with the important bits here: http://pastebin.com/DR0y6p5q

What Teemo says is correct - it's against the rules ONLY if you do it a lot. I did it a couple times and was immediately gagged. Not cool.

Pikachu also accuses me of spamming chat in caps and claims to have screenshots so I would like to see those as well. @MAD Lt. Pikachu
    Taters, Mar 3, 2014 Last edited by Taters, Mar 3, 2014
  2. Jan 25, 2014
    I was around for the aftermath of this and after reviewing the chat logs it seems you knew exactly what you were doing. Just because someone dose not warn you directly doesn't mean you can then do it. You went out of your way to rub it in his face. I said that if you use caps lock a lot it is considered chat spam but in this case you I would need more of the previous chat to see if you purposely put on caps. But it my eyes you were trolling the admin to get a reaction.

Also I see the 2nd chat log at the top caps on again.
    teemo, Mar 3, 2014 Last edited by teemo, Mar 3, 2014
  3. Mar 12, 2008
    The first screenshot was not intentional in the slightest, unless you're talking about when I was typing the "no caps unless you want to get banned" joke. That was intentional. It was also way after the first screenshot happened. From the first screenshot it probably looked like I was mocking him, I was typing to someone who was talking on the mic. Pikachu probably took it as me testing him and gagged me, but instead only told me "don't be a smartass" and then just jumped on the gag instead of saying something first. Adin probably deserved it since he had 4 lines of chat pretty close to each other in all caps and told pikachu to shut up after pikachu warned him (that probably didn't help), but to also gag me for saying two different things a few lines apart to someone that wasn't him is pretty ridiculous.

The first screenshot is when everything started happening. Pikachu claims to have screenshots of me spamming even after this, which I would really like to see, but until he posts here or logs are posted, this is all I have to show of what happened. I'm more troubled by the fact that he thinks he should ban someone for "breaking" a very, VERY minor offense if it was even an offense at that, as it can be solved with a simple warning. I'm not unreasonable like most of the garbage that floats through the server.
  4. JorisCeoen
    This message by JorisCeoen has been removed from public view. Deleted by Luffaren, Mar 3, 2014, Reason: Please don't post here unless you're an eyewitness and/or have evidence to show. Read this: http://p.
    Mar 3, 2014
  5. Mar 12, 2008

Don't post here please. I want to keep this thread strictly between those involved so this gets solved as quickly as possible with the least amount of clutter.

Same goes to everyone else.
  6. Aug 30, 2013
    So I'll upload screenshots tomz, basically I had 3 admins supporting what I did but anyways I warned a player about using caps constantly and after in did that this guy decided to start trolling by using caps in spite of my warning. I did warn and I did gag and he still used caps in spite, the only thing I did wrong as an admin was I didn't escalate this to a kick and ban which were in order not to smention interfereing with an admin oh and your constant Mic spamming.

I'm sick of people like you breaking the rules and because you get into trouble you bring it here and complain, your meant to be an ex admin apparently so you know the rules......So why break them? Also I'll when I upload the screen shots you will actually see where it started not this part half way through it.
    Post Merged, Mar 3, 2014
    Ill be honest I may have been quick to gag you but with all the shit with adinsx I was trying to settle the server down and the last thing I needed was people being smart and using caps and make smart remarks every 5 seconds saying don't use caps, you will get banned etc. I only gagged you and didn't kick you or escalate your punishment as you were not the main offender but by you saying things like don't use caps and don't use lower case or you will be banned etc it wasn't helping me resolve the issue and settling the server down, in fact it was storing some players up.
  7. Mar 12, 2008
    I would like you to share them now, as you clearly have time to post here and talk down to me. Not sure why it has to be tomorrow.

I don't go into the servers to troll and fuck up balance or anything, hell this is my first time back in the server in months and the first thing that happens is me getting gagged.

You warned .adinsx. He was out of line, and totally crossed it when he told you to shut up. That definitely deserves a gag. I explained this in great detail if you cared to read it.

Rude and unnecessary. You encouraged me to take it here, and even if I was wrong in the first half for whatever reason (which I don't think I am) saying I deserve a ban for that is ridiculous and I question your methods. I gave you the benefit of the doubt by posting here, allowing you to share your side hoping you would explain it calmly but instead you want to be a johnny hotwheels. Looks like I was too generous, and next time something like this happens I will just take this to CSA since some admins are clearly never wrong.

A little advice: Just because you have support of 3 other people, doesn't mean you can do whatever. You as an admin have to make the call and have evidence and reasons to back up your actions. I'd like those screenshots, please.
  8. Aug 30, 2013
    Firstly I'm on my phone not my computer so my screenshots are not on here.

If your after an apology it's not happening, you were interfering with an admin and you were chat spamming. I could have dealt with adinsx better if you weren't interfering and chat spamming.

Also why are you complaining that you only got gagged when I could have banned you? Next time you may stop and think before your do something to spite an admin.

You weren't even on my radar until you acted like a smart ass after I warned adinsx you were talking normally in lower case and only after I warned adinsx did you start using caps.
  9. Mar 12, 2008

Hmm. Action was taken on me, because I was interfering with an admin. I was gagged once, in the first screenshot, and only once. No other action was taken against me at any point from thereon, so what else could I have possibly done to interfere with an admin's decision? I'm not yelling at you, telling you that .adinsx's punishment was unjustified, i'm not protesting anything, or calling you out on it in any way. I'm not insulting you directly, or doing anything harmful that would interfere with your decision to punish .adinsx. I'm curious what you mean by interfering.

I really wish you would have, that would have been a barrel of fun to try and explain.

I don't need an apology, I need screenshots.
  10. Aug 30, 2013
    If you look in the pic you can see just after i warned about not using caps, Ben D Straw made a comment in caps saying "Like this" as i said earlier, my main reason for gagging you was so you would stop making smart ass comments, which after adinsx left you were fine, hardly a peep from you and did i gag you then? No also before i warned adinsx about using caps, you were fine also. You only came to my attention after trying to be funny.

I gagged you because you were adding to the issue rather then playing and not getting involved like pretty much everyone else.
    If i wanted to i could have kicked and banned you for making noises on the mic, interfering with an admin and chat spamming but i didn't.

You said i should have kicked adinsx but its a bit hard to deal with him while having you interfering as well.

Next time an admin warns a player of something, don't get involved and don't try to be funny, we want you to have fun but trying to mock us while we are trying to enforce rules is not going to help. Also if your so innocent why are you taking this matter in to the main chat?

Attached Files:

11. Mar 12, 2008
    I wasn't making noises, but as a zombie I did shout "I see you bitch" to scare someone off the roof of the map we were on, loud enough for my whole house to hear it which i'm sorry for.

However, I don't think you've read a single thing I posted. Whatever. I'm at my limit. I'll leave this up to LSA+ now as I don't feel like running around in circles anymore.
  12. Aug 30, 2013
    I will tag westie into this so he can say what he saw (he was another admin on at the time) @westie808
  13. Feb 13, 2014
    Tater, from the looks of the screenshot you provided one could take it as you were trolling. I'm not saying you were or were not, simply because there is not enough evidence at this point. My advice to you would be to simply stay out of situations that involve an admin dealing with people other than yourself. It typically generates a lot more work and heightens tensions. This is simply some kind advice to you for future usage if you feel like taking it, no more. As a person with admin experience I'm sure you know what it feels like when you're trying to take care of something and someone else starts in, even ever so slightly, with something along the lines of what you're trying to correct. Just my thoughts on how this all could have been avoided, from what evidence has been presented.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
  14. Oct 29, 2010
    I felt the initial warning that went out to Adins, as well as the gag on Taters, seemed to be pretty unwarranted. Neither one of them were spamming caps in my opinion, just using caps a bit.

After the warning and gag it definitely went downhill, I left in the middle of it so I wasn't there for w/e went down then.
  15. Feb 27, 2012
    The warning on Adinsx was absolutely unnecessary. I would hardly call that spam. And the gag on Taters wasn't needed either. It wasn't spamming. People are more than welcome to type in all caps. But when it's been like 2 rounds and the person has only typed in caps the WHOLE time, then that's probably grounds to give them a warning and deal with them.
  16. Aug 30, 2013
    He was gagged because as soon as I warned adinsx he was a smart ass and mocking the what I said, why would another player listen to an admin when some other player is making a joke of the ruling? He was not gagged so much for chat spam as he was for mocking what was said and going on and on and on about it. I had to restore order to the server because once this player started.mocking the rules a few other started up and that was why he was gagged.

If he didn't get involved, we would not be here having this discussion, he was not on my radar until he had to start mocking my warnings and constantly when on about it, I was more then fair in letting him get away with constanfly mocking the rules which was also starting to get annoying and.

The facts are yes I may have been quick to gag him but if he stayed out of it and didn't interfere and make a mockery of the rules then he would not have been gagged. I fail to see how it's admin abuse when I didnt use my admin abilities to advantage myself or for personal reasons, it was merely to stop him mocking the rules and making my job harder to enforce the rules on the main rule breaker.

Not to mention the fact that once he was gagged he started up on the microphone so why would any player listen to an admin when some player is being a smart ass and making a joke out of the whole thing?
  17. Jan 21, 2011
    Misuse of admin powers is also considered abuse.

The warning was entirely unnecessary. You were too quick to act on adinsx, and it seems Taters had bad timing with his chat responses. Without a demo, there's no way to definitively tell if he was responding in caps to someone on mic or truly mocking your warning.

In the future, Pika, over-enforcing the rules leads to a very unfriendly environment and that seems to be what happened here. I'm going to mark this as resolved unless further evidence is supplied.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.