Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

LucasArts to close after 30 years

Discussion in In The News started by Bender Rodriguez, Apr 3, 2013

1. Jun 11, 2012
    After 30 years it seems LucasArt cannot compete with the current heavyweight in the gaming industry. It's sad that they couldn't continue to exist and this comes to many as a surprise. This was a Disney decision after looking at the Lucas portfolio and not being able to justify it's existence.

As for Star Wars 1313, the only thing I was looking forward from them after a spectacular demo at last E3, it seems that everyone was canned and the game was canceled in terms of development. However they might licensed out to an external dev studio to continue (please let it be Bioware, oh gawd jebus let it be Bioware).

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOzm02HN78s

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQyGu4EqZsU

It sucks to hear dev studios and publishers not able to compete since the market is saturated with shovel and repeat. I hope that Star Wars 1313 can be at least delivered.
  2. Jul 8, 2012
    I saw this and I was immediately disappointed. Such a sad thing.
  3. May 12, 2012
    didnt disney buy them????
  4. Jul 8, 2012
    That's who shut them down
  5. May 31, 2012
    Very disappointing
  6. Jul 8, 2012
    And then I had an instant hatred for Disney (even though one already existed)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • Apr 12, 2012
      This, although the hatred didn't exist previously.
    • Sep 9, 2012
      Dear Disney you fail! Please die!

*walks away in disgust*
    • May 30, 2012
      Kim, Apr 3, 2013 Last edited by Kim, Apr 3, 2013
    • Oct 29, 2010
    • Apr 1, 2012
      never been a real fan of Star Wars games, but here's some banana chips for you out there... *sob sob*

at least now Disney parades can have Darth Vader and old Obi Wan in them.
    • Oct 17, 2011
      I'm not watching Mickey Mouse no more.
    • Jun 11, 2012
      There's already Star Wars themed event at Disneyland for years AFAIK.

Also try SWTOR as a initiate into Star Wars games a nice action based adventure and a superb story. I could recommend older one like KOTOR but it the graphics hasn't aged well.
      Benderius, Apr 4, 2013 Last edited by Bender Rodriguez, Apr 4, 2013
    • May 5, 2012
      Keen for star wars 1313 but the star wars game i've always wanted was Battlefront 3....
    • May 11, 2011
      To me this is no shock the company has not been making any real stand out hits that could let it survive in the current market but it is sad to see them go all the same.