Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Luffaren's maps

Discussion in Mapper Portfolios started by Luffaren, Jan 31, 2012

1. Feb 24, 2011
    Hello everyone, i decided it's time for me to make portfolio about my mapping in general. Here i'll put up any news/pictures of what i'm doing within my mapping, in hope atleast some of you will read it :razz:
    I am Luffaren by the way, the creator of ze_predator_ultimate and ze_infiltration (along with some other, less known maps)
    who intends to keep mapping for a better while, along with beta tests here on pF's ze.

I'm starting off with pretty much no info/pics as it is now, but don't worry. We'll get there.

*The secret project*

This is my ongoing project, with so many concepts and plans. I'll be aiming for a really long and challenging map, with as few "defend for X seconds" holds as possible. Which is similar to the "torch and barrel" event seen in minas.
    I'll also be aiming for the epic and scale factor, like a big journey. However the .BSP limits are quite ridiculous as they are, i'll try my best though.

So these are the main things the map will include (hopefully won't need to delete anything)

* Bosses (lots of em, sometimes multiple ones?)
    * Npc's (which runs just like the predator, i can spawn them in larger quantity *can have ~15 active npc's without any issues whatsoever)
    * Interactable / dynamic things (lots of things that can interact with eachother, being affected by different types of elements such as "explosions" and "fire" etc)
    * Random factor
    * aiming for 15 stages! (might be even more if i can handle it)
    * save feature (if the map ends on stage 12 it'll start there the next time you play it *resets on crash*)
    * Lots of different defending-styles (i'll do my best with this one, trying to add lots of variation)
    * cades (normal cades as seen in minas, only one kind of cade though)
    * Lots of items (around 20-30 human items and around 10 zombie items/chars)
    * Playable characters (4 playable human characters, 3 playable zombie characters)
    * Difficulties (this means adding difficulties on top of all the stages, i'm aiming for 4 difficulties in total which means 15*4 = 60 stages in total, where i've also added in the feature to truly change any event in the desired stage!

*Current progress*

* Stage 1 - 100%
    * Stage 2 - 100%
    * Stage 3 - 100%
    * Stage 4 - 100%
    * Stage 5 - 100%
    * Stage 6 - 0%
    * Stage 7 - 0%
    * Stage 8 - 0%
    * Stage 9 - 0%
    * Stage 10 - 0%
    * Stage 11 - 0%
    * Stage 12 - 0%
    * Stage 13 - 0%
    * Stage 14 - 0%
    * Stage 15 - 0%

* Map systems - 100%
    * Items - 100%
    * Characters - 100%
    * Bosses - 45%
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 9
    • Like Like x 1
      Luffaren, Jan 31, 2012 Last edited by Luffaren, Aug 14, 2013
    • Aug 18, 2006
      I may or may not have just came a little... Just saying.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Jul 4, 2011
        I'm really looking forward to this map, seeing how epicly awesome Predator is I have no doubt that whatever you're working on will be even better. :thumbsup:
      • Dec 3, 2011
        [font="'Comic Sans MS"]BOOOOOORING[/font][IMG][IMG][IMG]

[font="'Comic Sans MS"]Joke joke!! MAKE THAT PROJECT!!! Oh baby now u make me even MORE curious :razz:[/font]
        [font="'Comic Sans MS"]Some screenshots would be nice to[IMG][/font]
      • Jul 28, 2011

• Dec 7, 2010
      • Feb 18, 2011
        Now we know what turns him on.

As for the map, I can't wait to play it.
      • Apr 2, 2011
        sounds like fun... make it, and we shall soon see...
      • Nov 2, 2011
        Another classic in the making. :thumbsup:
      • Feb 12, 2012
        Nice :thumbsup:
      • Feb 24, 2011
        I got some good news, i surpassed my planning by far and i'll be able to create lots of stages. I've just finished the first stage and it's something that's never really been seen in ZE before. I think you'll like it. The first stage is built up at 17 entities only, as for using recyclable/global entities (which is at 198 entities in total now).
        As you see in the first post there's lots of the map to go, i'm not even close to finishing it as i want to perfect everything before testing/releasing it.
        Everything is in place such as the base structure and all the plans. Everything i'll need to do now is straight on gruntwork on the stages, finishing them all one by one.

My apologies for the bump. I just wanted to inform/update you about that the map is not dead in any way, i'm constantly working on it as i will release it as soon as possible. Without rushing it of course.
        As for the picture teasers i'm pretty sure i'll show some when i've finished stage 2, no worries.
        Hang in there! I'm off to work on stage 2. :wink:
        • Mapping King Mapping King x 7
        • Wizard! Wizard! x 2
        • Like Like x 1
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Dec 6, 2011
          @Luffaren by the time GO comes out, will you be able to port the map over easily? Don't want you to spend forever and forever on this map, only for GO to release and make this obsolete =\
        • Feb 24, 2011
          @Quietly Yell i might need to port it during its creation, depending on how popular/good CS:GO becomes, but at the moment i'm intending to work on it for CSS. Its going to be a hard decision indeed :/
        • Nov 2, 2011
          Don't apologize, its our privilege to watch this map grows. :angel:
        • Jan 14, 2012
          I don't think CSS will be obsolete anytime soon, look at the 1.6-->CSS update. There are still thousands of players playing 1.6!
        • Dec 6, 2011
          But that's because those people just don't like change. 1.6 looks like shit and the mods on it aren't as good as CS:S's. Just imagine the Zombie Mod on GO. It'll be a whole new experience, especially with the new gun physics and such.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Apr 20, 2011
            you could tell me first since I ask you first and 13 stages that will take to mush time and I am thinking its will be kingdom hearts map(just say it)and if you need help you know where I am
          • Jul 28, 2011
            I can't wait for this! :grin: That being said, I'm glad you're taking your time to make sure it is flawless. I'm sure this will be one of (if not the) best ze map ever!

Well, just as long as you finish before HL3 is released...
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Mar 12, 2008
              Even if GO comes out, ZM will have to be created from-the-ground-up first (correct if wrong, I remember hearing about this somewhere), which *may* take a while. I believe we're safe to say that we're still golden for, at the very least, a few months after launch. Plenty to time to enjoy Luffaren's hard work.