Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Luffaren's maps

Discussion in Mapper Portfolios started by Luffaren, Jan 31, 2012

1. Apr 3, 2013
    Will the progress be restarted when a new version of the map gets released?
  2. Apr 9, 2012
    I'm pretty sure it will, as new added entities (for example) would not be registred in an older save.
  3. Feb 24, 2011
    I wouldn't be 100% sure that it won't actually. From what i know env_globals saves certain states over maps, and if we were to test a new version when last played on stage 4 i'm pretty sure the server still has those values in there which would just make it load up on stage 4 in the new version.

If i were to change the "global state to read" value on each env_global it would reset but it would feel kinda unneccessary for such a small thing, as you can super easily reset the map from the devroom whenever the time for a new version comes around.
    So all in all, worry not. :wink:
  4. Feb 11, 2012
    Was also looking at the stage system, and I thought..Triple Extend inbound XD
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Feb 24, 2011
      Hey there folks, i figured that i should post here in case you thought the secret project was dead, but let me tell you that it's not! :cat:
      I've finished 5 stages and made lots of system preparations and whatnot to speed up the creation of future stages. So some of you might ask yourself why it's taken so damn long since i finished stage 5! :waiting:
      Well, this past week i've been working a whole lot on an enourmous part which will cover multiple stages in itself. I've gotten some decent progress on it, with a current brush count of 4113 which will keep expanding even further a few days ahead. I'd say with certainty that it's bigger than minas right now too, so please don't manhandle me for taking too long. It's a real pain to keep working on something for so long, where every change is just slightly noticeable in the entirety of it.

I've also been doing a whole lot of thinking while doing all this gruntwork.
      I'm having thoughts about going back into the systems/items with the intention of doing some major changes. Most items right now doesn't feel that unique, instead being a cheap copy+paste. I'd like to change it up and make things more original/interesting.
      I might need to go back to old stages as well and fix/polish/improve certain things. Heck, i might even need to recreate ALL the event outputs to make it better.
      It might be a pain to do, but i'm pretty sure it needs to be done at some point.

And finally, please don't expect much when it comes to visuals! Due to the low lightmaps and heavy prop usage (needed in order for certain limits) the map looks kinda weird/ugly. Instead i've been focusing a whole lot on scale, as for trying to juice up events/items/systems along with it.

With that said, i'll leave this small tease for you:
      YOU_CAN_USE_FOR_BLOG5

What dangers might lurk in the dark? Only time will tell.

:snowman:
      • Mapping King Mapping King x 5
      • Feb 3, 2012
      • Feb 24, 2011
        Oh dang, has it already been over a year since the last post?
        I got no real excuse for being this slow, sorry!

I'll make this post pretty short:
        I'd just like to chip in with a huge rant by @Kaemon on his/Hannibal's blog thingie: https://rafuron.wordpress.com/2015/03/22/luffaren-about-predator-frostdrake-and-his-secret-project/
        It's still being worked on, but slowly. Almost done with stage 6 now.
        I've kinda decided (been forced by Kaemon) to release the map once stage 7 is finished, along with some slight backtracking with bugfixes/tweaks/etc, so stuff might happen quite soon.

Here's a visual thing:
        [IMG]

/xoxo?
        • Like Like x 5
        • Mapping King Mapping King x 4
        • May 17, 2014
        • Apr 28, 2013
        • Jun 11, 2012
          You promised us 16 stages and a cinematic cutscene with a ending like Bioshock Shock 2.

WE DEMAND SWEDEN BLOOD WHICH TASTE LIKE MAPLE BLOOD.
        • Oct 11, 2012

Looks like Bob Ross painted it.