Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Made a Plaguefest CSS Background

Discussion in Creativity started by McKay, Apr 5, 2012

1. Feb 20, 2011
    Fancied a change of CSS Menu background and background music recently, and instead of searching through GameBanana for one I might like, I decided to craft my own, it's nothing much, just a screenshot from the Blu-Ray release of Battle: Los Angeles touched up in photoshop to make the fire more vibrant, and the blacks richer, plus adding "Plaguefest Edition" for me was a nice touch, as it's only Plaguefest servers I play on.

Also the song playing is the current background music that plays when I fire up the game to get to the menu.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Oct 8, 2009
    • Jan 11, 2012
      But can you tell me how to make the background custom? Had to take some from gamebanana
    • Mar 26, 2011
    • Apr 4, 2012
      too bad the movie was horrible :dontknow:
    • Jul 8, 2011
      NICE!! Is there a download and tutorial? I would love to have this!!
    • Feb 20, 2011
      Download VTFEdit, import the picture into it, save as "background01_widescreen.vtf"

Add that file to \Steam\steamapps\benjyuk\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\console

Make sure your background is the only file in there. If you're not running a Wide-screen resolution, call the file "background01.vtf"
    • Jan 11, 2012
      I got VTF but, isn't it only for the power of 2? I mean I got 1366 x 786, far away from 512 or 1024 ^^
    • Dec 6, 2011
      @McKay Do you mind lettings me use that background? It's pretty damn sweet.... Especially the music
    • Jan 11, 2012
      I tried it out, but when it's fully loaded, the picture disappears.
    • Feb 20, 2011
      I made mine 1920x1080 because it's my resolution.

Sure, what resolution do you run?

Whats your resolution? Whats the resolution of your picture you're using? And what have you named the file? Also is it in a folder? Because you have to create the folder listed last if you don't have one.
    • Dec 6, 2011
    • Feb 20, 2011
      Only if you want to create your own backgrounds. That VTFedit turns a picture into a .vtff
    • Dec 6, 2011
      alright, thanks for this, it's fucking sweet. I might even ask to pay you in the future to make another CS:S background =S
    • McKay
      This message by McKay has been removed from public view. Deleted by McKay, Apr 5, 2012.
      Apr 5, 2012
    • Dec 2, 2011
    • Dec 6, 2011
      @McKay I like it, but honestly, the soldiers on the ground is down right depressing. Any way I can convince you to grab a image of the like, with zombies, and photoshop it a little bit? :wink:
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Don't make me make on yell, you know who's gonna win.
      • Feb 20, 2011
        Sorry had a look around, and I can't find one that'll work, not many pictures out there that are 1920x1080. I have a HD copy of the Latest Resident Evil movie, however it's only 1280x720 so it'd look blurry blowing it up to full HD.