Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Magic items on levels like westersand

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by thefire, Jan 14, 2014

1. Jan 14, 2014
    So I know for mako and most levels you use e to use materia, push buttons, ect. However, on westersand the other day, I was taping, holding and doing everything possible to e to make the staffs work and nothing happened. Is there a different button for the staffs and are there any other levels that need a different button to use items or magic?
  2. Apr 3, 2013
    For characters, it's right click
  3. Mar 20, 2012
    It rarely happens that materias bug/glitch. If its the case you have to drop it and pick up again to use them. As for westersand all the items are useable with the E key. There are other maps where you have to equip the knife and rightclick or keycombinations, but not for westersand.
  4. Jan 14, 2014
    ahh, yeah that would make a lot of sense because I picked up one of the suits in the beginning. Awesome, thanks for the info.
  5. Feb 12, 2012
    Actually it's not 100% correct. When some item is meant to be activated with right click, it only recognizes this right click when some common in-game action was performed with it. For a knife it's stabbing. For sniper rifles it's aiming. For USP/M4 it's equipping the silencer. But it also (for some reason) recognizes a right click for absolutely every weapon during the reloading. These rumors about "take a knife to activate" have appeared because most people are using weapons without right click actions like P90/M249 and usually trying to right click during firing.
    So it's not necessary to equip a knife. You can just start reloading, or equip your silencer, or aim (if you can of course). Sometimes it's even faster/better than equipping your knife, stabbing, and then switching back to your weapon.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Mar 20, 2012
      primary p90 secondary deagle/elites... no rightclick possible...

I dont think thats completly right anyway. If u reload you can use rightclick attacks, at least with juggernaut for example.
    • May 27, 2012
      You can right click with any weapon. Try holding down shoot and pressing right click a few times, should work.
    • Feb 11, 2012
      May as well make a tutorial/guide for this guy.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Dec 11, 2013
        So, you should press continuously "E"key.
      • May 31, 2012
        Did you have one of the character skins on Westersand?

This glitch is more intermittent on other maps but consistent for players with character skins on Westersand. I've been told by others that you need to jump, crouch jump, or just wiggle your screen all over the place like a madman and press E continuously... not sure which one works but I just do a combination of all to get it to work lol.
      • Jan 11, 2011
        Some objects block you from using items, as they make you press them instead of the item's button, even if they don't have any "OnPress" output.

A clear example is when many people are together in a small area, as you may be "pressing them" instead of the item's button.
        Another example is when you have a special item that includes a breakable around you (like Westersand's Characters or Paranoid/MountainEscape VIP), as you may end "using the breakable" instead of the item (even if it does nothing).
        A last common situation is when you are inside an elevator or similar (like Mako Reactor's falling bridge) that will receive your USE instead of the materia; in those scenarios jumping is required to be able to use the item propperly.

As for the "Take a knife to activate rumors", I guess they started on Paranoid, as some items would tell you that when picked up. Thing is... It works with any weapon that has a secondary function (Knife Staving, Zoom, Silencer, Burst Mode, etc...) but the most common weapons on ZE don't have those so when you are playing is easier to just say/explain the Knife thing and let them discover the rest in the long term.
        Not only is the knife a weapon you can't drop and you will have for sure, but also is the only weapon available for zombies (who can also have right-click items).
        Weirdly enough it also works with grenades, probably because the HL2 counterpart had a secondary button option to drop it rolling instead of throwing.
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Jan 1, 2013
          I think the thing with the invisible breakables around the usable characters is also a reason why it could be hard to fix or impossible to fix? I just know from Skyrim models that it is (at least for me) almost impossible to press any buttons as nightingale even though it makes you run faster so you are supposed to activate doors quickly. I know that you have to hit the free space between the breakables so the best way to press e while wearing a model is really to randomly move your crosshair around and spam e I guess. Or even better would be to decompile the map, look where the breakables are, in order to be able to hit e more precise but that would be too much work for lazy hanuta hurrdurr
        • Jan 5, 2014
          look down and keep pressing E, sometime it happends.