Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Make the obscure maps like 40 Red Crates and Megabox a part of the rotation.

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Kyro, Jul 8, 2016

1. Apr 26, 2015
    While I get that management likes to have the servers maps and skins and whatnot in a sort of defined fashion, I think it may be worth trying to put the obscure maps into rotation. They are sometimes suggested and most people have a pretty fun time playing them instead of just doing the normal cade/ hold a spot maps. Perhaps even the possibility of a weekly event where we play the random obscure maps such as those.

While it seems to be coming up recently that the server (or CSS) is dying down faster, I personally feel that if there is something that could be added such as this which would make the server more fun it may be worth taking a chance on.

AFAIK (momo?) claimed issues with 40 red crates, so perhaps not the best example, just one of the obscure maps which comes to mind.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Dec 28, 2014
    • Oct 29, 2010
      I've never played 40 red crates, I'm not really a fan of megabox, that might be what you're thinking of.

I kinda feel like the reason these maps are fun is because they are only done every once in a while, I worry they would get stale real fast if they were on rotation.

As far as a regularly done event type deal, that would be easy enough to do provided you had someone willing to handle it regularly.
    • Jul 14, 2010
      We can easily get this happening, but I don't know when the best times are to do things like these. Are weekends preferred? Donor prizes? We could definitely do those maps once in awhile, and hell even other random maps like battle slider or other silly things, but we don't wanna make it too regular and interrupt normal server maps too much, not saying that would happen, but it can easily become overdone.
    • Apr 26, 2015
      Maybe it was Secp or Brian, one of the management I think.

IMO there are maps that we already play that are pretty stale. Some people can only have so much fun playing firewall so many times a day. Though additionally if no one wants to play those types of maps they won't vote for them or they'll rtv.

Perhaps the weekend. Most people playing in the evening are either off work or school and would come on wanting regular ZM. Weekends are more flexible that way.
      • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      • Dec 30, 2006
      • Apr 26, 2015
        What a cutie pie.

Are there more maps like the suggested for an event?
      • Jul 8, 2012
        I'll volunteer to host/help some of these events.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
      • Feb 8, 2013
        You've said this 9 times already. Go fucking do it. Just do it.
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • Jul 8, 2012
          I'm not home this weekend. Otherwise I'd be online already.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
        • Nov 20, 2013
          • Agree Agree x 2