Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Making up for my mass murdering of miniscule mice

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Brett, Apr 6, 2013

1. Dec 6, 2011
    So as @Bender Rodriguez pointed out, I'm a murderer for getting rid of my bad rodent problem. So to make up for it, I present to you, my good deed for nature.

On my way to work earlier today, I saw a mallard duck standing right next to his female, who was sitting in the middle of a busy parking lot. I didn't think much off it at the time, so I continued on. Although, when I got off work early, I noticed that the two ducks were still there a few hours later, and this time having cars swerve very close to them while being watched by a goose (not sure if geese hunt ducks, but this one was sure damn interested him them, staring them down for 5min while I was eating food in my car and watching). So at this point, something seemed odd, as the two ducks didn't budge, the male standing above the female, possibly guarding it. I went home, which was only a block away, and I got my neighbor who is apparently some type of animal expert, and he was able to go and check out the two ducks. It turned out that the female's wing was severely injured and it couldn't fly, and the male was staying with her to protect her. Now, they're both in good care, and are no longer sitting in the middle of a dangerous, busy parking lot. I'll update this with more information tomorrow. And sorry for no pictures, I'm the only young adult in this world without a cell phone (waiting on the Galaxy S4). Is my slate clean now Bender?
  2. May 14, 2011
  3. Dec 6, 2011
    Meh, I didn't think of it at the time. Plus, Bender will see this easier.
    • Like Like x 1
    • May 27, 2008
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Zing! Zing! x 1
      • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      • Jul 20, 2010
        Spoiler Alert Brett ate the ducks. :razz:
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Apr 1, 2012
          imo No Count Section is better
        • Dec 6, 2011
          Sorry, I didn't expect you fools to destroy a thread by the first post. :clown:
        • Jun 11, 2012

SO what you saved 2 living ducks, it doesn't wipe the slate. You must become a Marine Biologist for 50 years to wipe the slate my son.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Nov 11, 2011
            A good deed is only one that goes without bragging or bringing it to light. If I do something good, I keep it to myself. But no, your slate is not clean. lol :ROFL:
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Feb 18, 2011
              So brett if you are a murderer what does one night of my deployment I was resetting six rat traps about eight times over the course of 9 hours make me?
            • Dec 6, 2011
              According to @Bender Rodriguez , there may not be a word invented to describe it yet.
            • Feb 18, 2011
              I'm not going to lie, it was very weird considering I caught two pigeons,
            • Jun 11, 2012
              You're all murderers. MURDERERS I SAY. I'm getting PETA to protest at your front door and show how inhumane you guys are treating the mice who are threatening you.
            • Jul 20, 2010
              Nope since pigeons are the rats of the bird world.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Dec 6, 2011
                • Mar 12, 2008
                • Jun 11, 2012
                  • Jun 11, 2012
                    I knew someone will post that.
                  • Mar 4, 2012
                    I wish this was the 18-19th century so someone could just blow them out of the water for pirating.