Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Malaysia Airlines

Discussion in In The News started by Rayne, Jul 17, 2014

1. Nov 29, 2012
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Apr 1, 2012
      Two flight incidents in one year. Way to go Malaysia!

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't buy Malaysian Airline's stocks
    • Dec 27, 2012
      May they all rest in peace. My deepest condolences to their friends and families. Very, very unfortunate.
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Jun 10, 2011
        Malaysian Airlines may as well just hang in the towel. Clearly they are not meant to succeed.

I would like to think that this was merely a tragic accident, caused by some fool with a weapon they did not quite understand, without the expertise to identify their target.

Hopefully the shock of this will end the Ukraine-Russia conflict. Because it's either that, or the rest of the world will get involved now...
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Oct 29, 2010

Malaysian Airlines hasn't done anything wrong. Just freak accidents is marring their name.

If anything, the conflict is gonna escalate. There will be no shock, just finger pointing/the blame game/pass the accusation hot potato (they all already began) and either side using the pretext of the incident to further military incursions a la shit you see in Gaza. . .
          • Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Nov 29, 2012
            I hope Russia finally decides to take care of their rebel problem for good, and put an end to it. Need to take their weapons away and fix it before it worsens. Lot of innocent lives were lost today, supposedly it was a "mistake" on the russian rebels part. And they were meaning to target a russian cargo plane instead. Seems like bs to me and not worth the risk or loss.
          • Jun 10, 2011
            Russia and Ukraine are blaming eachother, at this point there is no evidence to show which side did it, if either.

And there have already been talks of a ceasefire whilst the incident is investigated, which is a good sign towards a peaceful resolution.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Sep 14, 2008
              That never works. Look at Israel and Gaza...what sad situations the world is going through right now :/
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • Oct 29, 2010

Full of info & evidence it was the separatist side that shot it down.

I wasn't intending to start a debate or pick a fight (far too gutted for the past few months). Hopefully you gain valuable insight from the abundance of information consolidated into that one thread.

Disturbing situation indeed. I'm numb from it though. Between this, that, news, a mass shooting that happened in my own backyard and all, it's hard to be emotional about anything.
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                  meeko, Jul 17, 2014 Last edited by meeko, Jul 17, 2014
                • Jun 11, 2012
                  Someone on some russia backbutt website put up a vid claiming with weapons which was removed once people started to report on it.
                • Oct 29, 2010
                • Oct 13, 2011

Translation in comments.
                • Jun 11, 2012
                  0:20: A: Just now, just now, "Minera" group downed an airplane. It fell on Yenakivo.
                  0:26: B: Pilots? Where are the pilots?
                  0:29: A: We're going now to search and take photos of the wreckage.
                  0:33: B: How long ago?
                  0:34: A: About 30 minutes.
                  [At this point, video skips ahead to a different conversation, apparently some time later and between two different people]
                  0:44: C: Yes, "Major"
                  0:45: D: From Chernuhino, they downed the plane.
                  0:48: C: Who?
                  0:49: C: From Chernuhino post, cossacks that are stationed at Chernukino.
                  0:56: C: The plane broke up in mid-air, near Petropavlosk mine. First 200 (ed: ?). Found first 200 (ed: ?). Civilian.
                  1:12: D: So what's going on?
                  1:15: C: Stupid civilian plane.
                  1:18: D: Understood. Are there many people?
                  1:20: C: FUBAR. Wreckage falling right in peoples yards.
                  1:24: D: What model?
                  1:26: C: I haven't figured it out yet. Haven't yet gotten to the main debris. I'm still where the first bodies fell.
                  1:31: C: There's wreckage of internal containers, seats, bodies.
                  1:35: D: Understood. Are there any weapons?
                  1:37: C: Nothing at all. Civilian stuff, medical supplies, towels, toilet paper.
                  1:43: D: Any documents?
                  1:45: C: Yes. Indonesian student. From Thompson university.
                  [Another cut, several more people]
                  1:52: About that plane shot down near Snezhnovo Torez. It turned out to be a passenger plane. Fell near Grabovo, there's lots of bodies, women and children. Right now the cossacks are inspecting it.
                  2:03: On TV they are saying AN-26, Ukrainian transport, but are saying it's labeled Malaysian Airlines.
                  2:12: What was it doing in Ukrainian territory?
                  2:16: Maybe it was transporting spies. Who knows. It's war.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                • Jul 20, 2010
                  If it does turn out to be Russian Rebels that shot down the civilian airliner then something MUST be done to put Russia back in it's place. This all started with Russia aiding Russians in Crimea and sending troops in to annex the territory, which then in turn emboldened the Russians in the Eastern part of Ukraine. Only type of missile systems that can reach an aircraft that high up in the region are Russian SA-11 anti-air missile batteries. Furthermore whoever shot the plane down can't claim that it was an accident. Since all civilian aircraft transmit an IFF signal saying that it's a civilian aircraft, this is something the people manning the SA-11 missile battery would receive on their end and could see that it was a civilian plane. Which means you'd have to target the plane and then fire off the missile at it with intent to destroy it.

At the same token it could be Russian Forces that shot down the plane seeing as how they still have most of their eastern forces along the border with Ukraine, and those forces would have lots of SA-11 batteries with them. If that is the case it wouldn't be the first time Russia has downed a civilian aircraft, this would be the second civilian aircraft if it was Russia.
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Apr 16, 2014
                    The last bit of that translation was updated to better reflect the original meaning. Judge for yourself

2:03: On TV they are saying AN-26, Ukrainian transport, but are saying it's labeled Malaysian Airlines.
                    2:12: What was it doing in Ukrainian territory?
                    2:16: Means it was transporting spies, understood?
                    2:18: Got it
                    2:19: Shouldn't fly there. There's a war going on.
                    2:21: Understood.

So far, Obama has placed sanctions on Russia and has been trying to convince European nations to do the same. Putin responds by saying that this is definitely going to hurt America. SMH. I really don't think we need a WWIII any time soon, nor do we need another Cold War
                    Psych, Jul 17, 2014 Last edited by Psych, Jul 17, 2014
                  • May 31, 2012
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Sep 22, 2010
                      It must feel pretty shitty to be a political leader in Malaysia right now, and it probably sucks too.
                    • Feb 25, 2014
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Jan 25, 2014
                        As of right now the US and many other European countries are stepping up economic and trade sanctions to try and get the issues resolved in the area. Sad it had to take many more lives to have this happen but this is just evidence that the world is always changing.
                      • Apr 9, 2012
                        I'm pretty sure... Malaysian Airlines cannot be blamed, in a million years, for either accidents. It is the most pure, tragical coincidence in the history of flight services. They are just unspeakably unlucky. I think you can't even explain or grasp just how unlucky it is 2 of their flights got fatal endings. It could have been any company.

That said, if it's true that in the tapped voices over the communications between the seperatists one of them really said "I'm 100% sure it's a passenger flight" I don't understand how you even have the gall to pull the trigger and fire anyways. The people of these days are starting to act more and more in the direction of luck rather than rationalise their actions.
                        • Agree Agree x 1