Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Map Cleanse for ZM

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by PeNguiN, Feb 13, 2017

1. Jul 14, 2010
    So ZM has a lot of bad maps and a huge list that we need to go through.

Here's the list:

Some maps off the top of my head that Bapple, a few players on the server and I were thinking need to go are:

zm_3dubka_v3a - huge, not as good gameplay as original - better textures though
    zm_app7e_betterbworld_JDfix_v3 - a classic but, not many great spots, illegal spots, tight walkway, but I know some ppl like this map
    zm_athletic_factory_v4 - idk this map but I hear it sucks
    zm_back_to_muhosransk_v1_1 - idk this map but I hear it sucks
    zm_farm3_nav72_unlim - not many spots, kills server
    zm_firewall_aztec_a2 - I don't recall this map but doesn't seem popular
    zm_firewall_flats_pf_v1 - I don't recall this map but doesn't seem popular
    zm_firewall_samarkand_v3 - I don't recall this map but doesn't seem popular

No offense but most of @GiGaBiTe remakes. They are beautiful Gigabite, but your game play isn't as good as when u replace them :razz:.

I know we need to add new maps too but that is what map suggestion thread is for. Post there if you think there's some maps that should be reconsidered. We have 78 maps I think Bapple counted, so don't think this is going to limit the number of maps played because half are not played anyway.

I'm not super in touch with all of the maps, that why we need community involvement on this to post. I can edit a poll in if we want.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Jun 17, 2014
      @Brian and I were talking cleaning up the map list like this this the other night.

Hopefully we get some good insight on what maps people like & what maps people don't like.
    • Jan 25, 2014
      I think this map is fine there are plenty of spots IMO just it hasn't been played enough for the players to figure it out. I can think of like 10 off the top of my head with no illegal spots that I can recall.
      Post Merged, Feb 13, 2017

This one could probably go it is confusing unless played a lot.
      I would like King's castle added to this as well there are like 2 spots in that map.
      I would add this one too
    • Apr 26, 2015
      I'm for those, I think we could also toss out these ones.

zm_zoleus_b4_day_pf02 - Big and open, usually a server killer when played.
      zm_zerbes_green_rain_pf1 - Confusing texture and layout, very human sided.

zm_impossibru_ak_station_v1
      zm_impossibru_concretehq_v1
      zm_impossibru_desaturated_v2
      zm_impossibru_hideout_v1
      zm_impossibru_LBP_v3
      zm_impossibru_meh_v3

All the impossibru maps are generally disliked and kill the server. There have been times where maps can be fun, but usually when you have a full server. concretehq_v1 is pretty hated on, same with LBP_v3.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Jan 25, 2014
        This is a fun one. It literally has 5 spots kinda like officespace hmmmmm.
        Make a vote with all the maps
      • Apr 26, 2015
        hideout actually used to be quite popular years ago from what I remember.
      • Jul 14, 2010
        I think zm_office_space_rc1 needs to be removed for sure. It's a terrible remake of the real office space.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jan 25, 2014
          Just cause they aren't played very much doesn't qualify them as oh they are bad. What makes it terrible?

It has a secret. has multiple cade spots. even has some higher up places to hold.
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Oct 29, 2010
            Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
            • Funny Funny x 2
            • Jan 25, 2014
              yESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSss

I will do a poll.

Vote to remove zm_app7e_betterbworld_JDfix_v3

1. spam
              2. yes
              3. spam
              4. all of thy above
              • Winner Winner x 1
              • Aug 6, 2016
                It must be done Momo. My heart goes out to you.
              • Jun 29, 2014
                yes remove office space, do everyone a favor,
              • Jul 14, 2010

zm_office_space_rc1 - This isn't the popular office space, it's a shittier remake (imo).
                zm_athletic_factory_v4
                zm_back_to_muhosransk_v1_1
                zm_firewall_aztec_a2 -
                zm_firewall_flats_pf_v1
                zm_firewall_samarkand_v3
                zm_zoleus_b4_day_pf02
                zm_zerbes_green_rain_pf1

For starters ^

Not much, but a decent start. If hammer wasn't lame shit, I would get into mapping and make a bunch since I have a lot of time, but I'm not a big fan.
                • Agree Agree x 2
                • Aug 6, 2016
                  God, I wish I could map. I have all the time in the world to do it...I agree with removing all of the ones you just listed, Penguin.
                  Post Merged, Feb 17, 2017
                  I also think Zombieranch can go. It rarely gets it's full 25 minutes and I'm not so sure as to why (Maybe it's just that fact that it is a fish tank...) but people never fail to go there every round. Regardless of how many people get warned/kicked/banned/teleported for it.
                • Jul 14, 2010
                  Idk, zombieranch is a popular classic and one of our only night maps. Idk if it is still popular today because it isn't played much, but I don't ever see people wanting it removed, plus people can hide on it more which switches up gameplay, even though ghosting is allowed :frown:
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Feb 1, 2011
                    roy zombieranch is amazing plz dont remove it even though its popularity is slim compared to newer maps
                    • Like Like x 2
                    • Jul 26, 2016
                      @Kyro pls, dis map is life
                      • Winner Winner x 1
                      • Sep 24, 2012
                        Joke is that the office space beta was supposed to be removed a week after being put on. It was only supposed to be tested for a week.

I haven't worked on it in a long time, however; it's somewhat close to being done. I want to finish some aesthetics and fix some spots that need work from the beta.
                      • Mar 26, 2009
                        No offense, but you're an ass. Putting a smiley face on your shitty biased statement doesn't make you look less of one. You could have said "HEY GIGA UR MAPS SUCK LOL BUT AT LEAST THEY LOOK NICE HAHA" and you would have come off the same way.

The only reason you and some others hate on my maps is purely because they're associated with me, not because there's anything wrong with them. If you took the time to compare the original 3dubka and my remake, you'd notice that the map layout is 99% the same, with the only major difference being the storage tank room being removed. The tank room is irrelevant to the flow of the map which remains unchanged. Want proof it's bias? Look at how many revisions my remakes have had to incorporate changes PF community members wanted.

You have no business deciding on which maps need to be removed from the server, as you yourself don't even know the maps you're listing. Dumb anecdotes you heard from wimpy p. jones is not a valid reason to remove a ton of maps from the server.
                      • Oct 29, 2010
                        Talking about maps that members of our community have made is hard. I want to be honest but I also don't want to offend someone working hard on bringing more variety to ZM. Obviously I've been more vocal with you, @GiGaBiTe, given the many years now we've been around; I know I haven't always been nice about it either.
                        That's such a bullshit way to avoid criticism. True, he didn't exactly explain what he disliked about the maps, but hiding behind this veil of "they only say my maps are bad because they don't like me" is ridiculous. For the record, I don't have any major gripes about base_winter and I quite like survival and momos (despite your best efforts with the latter.) The maps I mostly have problems with are your 3dubka, deep_thought, winterfun, and wtfhax(replaced now ofc) remakes.
                        This is something I wish all mappers did, I really do appreciate this greatly.
                        I don't think the layout is the issue, rather the alterations to individual spots. Certainly some of my dislike is due to the changes made to some of my favorite spots on what I considered a classic map.

I'd be happy to point out small things here and there, but generally, I have 2 major complaints about your maps.
                        First, and I think biggest, is the flow of traffic in your maps; the narrow doorways and gates often present all over your maps make getting through areas without being accidentally blocked far more troublesome than it should be.
                        Second, and I don't know if this is preference or just coincidence, but your maps tend to be very human sided. Individual spots on your maps tend to be either too strong or pretty worthless, I don't see a whole lot of balance going into these. To be clear, you're by no means the only mapper I have this issue with, just the most vocal.

You obviously care a great deal about your map's aesthetics, and it really shows, I just wish you spent a bit more time balancing the gameplay of each map.