Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Map idea

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Kloud, May 1, 2013

1. Apr 3, 2013
    I don't know if we're still posting map ideas, but i have one.

Basically, it's pretty much like Slender. It would be a huge, dark forest with 8 notes/paper on random locations.

The CT's spawn in a shed in the southern part of the map. After about 10-15 seconds the zombies will spawn on the northern part of the map (or the CT spawn).
    The 8 notes would be scattered across the map in various "terrains" of the map, like: The bathroom house, silos, leafless trees etc.
    Once the first note has been picked up, Slenderman spawns. If the map has passed 1,5 minutes without anyone picking up a note, slenderman spawns too. Slenderman doesn't really walk, but uses teleportation to move. He teleports at spots near a random player, and if it teleports too close to one the player loses his/her vision and hears the buzzing sound before dying.

Slenderman can slow the targets movement or even freeze him/her. If it does so, it will slowly teleport forward to the player, making the player die. However, if Slenderman is hunting its target for too long, it'll teleport to another player.
    Of course, Slenderman will not hunt the zombies.

There will be various items scattered across the map terrains. They can be helpful to the players but can also help the zombies too! I have some ideas for items.

Magic flashlight: Once you've used this item, all pages/notes will shine for 1-2 seconds. Slenderman will also be blinded, making him unable to kill someone for a few seconds.
    Flamethrower: The usual flamethrower, fires fire at zombies, making them slow. Can be used against Slenderman, making it slow it's teleportation. Has limited ammo.
    Gandalf's Staff: Similiar to the wind materia on Mako or the magical lantern on christmas infection. It emits a large light bubble, pushing zombies away. The light bubble can be seen from everywhere, and if Slenderman is near, it'll teleport away. Would have a medium recharge time. (60 seconds)
    Shadow shroud: Upon activation, makes the wearer and all the ct's around him/her run faster and become invisible for a short period. Slenderman will reset it's target if the hunted has the shadow shroud on. Would also have a medium recharge time.
    Explosive mines: When a zombie steps on them, the mine explodes and the screen would shake a bit. A large puff of smoke should come near the explosion, making everyone able to know where the mine exploded. Would have limited amount of mines. That is pretty much all the items i have on my mind.

The ambience should be like in a forest at night, owl noises, wolf howling and whatnot. It should also have the Slender ambience when you pick up a note. Zombies cannot pick up notes by the way.

The more notes you pick up, Slenderman becomes more aggressive and teleports faster. When about 7 notes has been picked up, Slenderman can even teleport right next to a player, making the player die instantly.

Once all the notes have been picked up, CT's are teleported to a room and the forest will nuke soon after. Btw, to pick up a note you'd have to press E on it.

I've had this idea in my head for about a month, i don't know if it will work but i thought someone should know. If i were a mapper i'd attempt to do this, but i barely have touched SDK.
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 5
      Kloud, May 1, 2013 Last edited by Kloud, May 1, 2013
    • May 18, 2012
      This would be awesome! It would be hilarious too to play because everyone would be shitting their pants.
    • Feb 3, 2012
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Sounds a nice idea to me, I really should play slenderman for once
    • May 30, 2012
      I remember me and Päss was thinking about making a slender-man map some months back, but we kinda cancelled it. :struggle:
    • Nov 16, 2012
      If you're gonna make a Slenderman map, why not make it an original work instead of basing it on the 8 pages game? The mythos (which predates that game) is where you should look for inspiration IMO. I understand why a forest would be the go to setting for such a map though. I also like your idea for Slenderman's mechanics.