Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Map ideas

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by sajak, Aug 1, 2012

1. Nov 11, 2011
    I was planning on creating a badass ZM spacemap but without having proper knowledge about 3dsmax or XSI, it's too large of a project for me to take on. I want to see your map ideas and I'll pick one to create. Please, nothing space related lol. xD
  2. Feb 24, 2011
    3DS / XSI wouldn't be necessary unless you really really want to animate one of your models / make your very own complex model, i'd stick with propper personally, do as you want.

Alright, first thing coming to my mind is..

A military silo base, filled with nukes divided into multiple silo's. I'm imagining something really big here, metal grates, steam coming out from pipes, steam/fog/smoke dwelling down the silo holes into the abyss.
    some smaller corridors / control rooms / air-ducts in between the big silo chambers, but not too many.

Here's a smaller reference picture, not exactly as i was thinking though. I'm seeing more metal grates and pipes in here:
    [IMG]

I would keep the floor area off-limits (making it unviewable by making fog/smoke/whatever, looking like a huge hole) all up to you though!

Now for the more interesting part of it all.
    A silo can initiate a lockdown sequence (randomized, zombie controlled, anything you want) where the doors will close and lock within 15-30 seconds? as they lock the nuke missile will launch, killing everyone within that silo. This would force the humans to get out of their so called "safe" nests and create some intense situations. :razz:

ALTHOUGH i haven't played that much ZM really, but i have a slight feeling that it would be really really difficult - impossible to survive that, since the zombies can simply wait in a corridor and snatch the fleeing humans.
    To "kinda" prevent this i could suggest to add some item which temporarily freezes the zombies, with a longer cooldown to prevent exploiting/being too OP. Or you could simply open a special hatch for the silo as the lockdown starts or so.

I'm just gonna stop right there as it is, my main interest in this would be to expand from the normal ZM maps, adding more of a twist in it. Could be somewhat fun/interesting imo.

I'm off mapping on my own interests now, have a good one.
    Excelsior!
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feb 14, 2012
      Why don't you remix that old space escape map. That was a great map back in the 2007 zombie escape era.
    • May 31, 2012
      I agree with Never Enough, although you asked for ZM I think that there's a need of moar space-based ZE maps.
    • Feb 14, 2012
      We have HyperNova but it never gets played due to how impossible the fucking hold points are on a 60 man server.
    • May 31, 2012
      Eddie was doing a new version, but he's a slacking fag... I'll try to get him to release the map, since he only wants to add a shitty derptarded secret before the release.
    • Feb 14, 2012
      Yeah the main problem with that along with most "new age" maps is they are just not balanced whatsoever for 60 man. Look at Predator for an example we have one win on that map that I know off 11 guys beat it against about 20 zombies. There is no way that is going to happen at peek hours at most 15 guys will survive the fight (low HP going in, lack of knowledge of movement, etc...) and they they are facing off against what 45 zombies? Get real. No matter how much we scream into the mic it's just not going to happen.