Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Map Removal Suggestions

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by dillinger, Feb 12, 2012

1. Feb 1, 2011
    Hi. There is no thread for suggesting the removal of maps so I made this one to address two MG maps in particular. This is not a thread for suggesting what maps you think should be gone. Go make your own thread for that :razz: If you have additional feedback about the maps I'm posting, by all means post!

mg_color_multigames_v2

This map has a couple issues. On the shotgun level, the spawn teleport is glitched, so everyone spawns right on top of each other. This usually results in about ~10 second round and lots of pissed off people.

Secondly, there is no slay timer after a certain amount of time on this map. So if players pick the nearly-impossible bhop level, rounds tend to last until people leave, RTV, or the map ends. This is bad.

mg_hellz_multigame_fix

This map only has one problem. The laser-dodging level doesn't kill anyone - you can walk right through the lasers and you won't die. Like color_multigames, this map has no slay-after-time, so if the laser level is picked, the round will last forever unless an admin slays everyone.
  2. Aug 12, 2011
    • Feb 1, 2011
      Oh hell yeah - nice tip. Didn't know there was a new version. I'll throw the link on the map suggestion thread and see if Rets want to replace it.
    • Jan 8, 2012
      Whatever that damn map is, the pink one, with the fans in it on zm server... zm_necro or something. Most annoying, worthless map ever, and it's always number one on the votemap selections if their's no nominations. That shit is ughhhhhh :reallypissed:
    • Feb 1, 2011
    • Aug 18, 2006
      mg_color_multigames_v2: It's a shame that the map has these issues as said above. It's a well made map and has some fun levels, but the BHop level is downright fucking ridiculous - I've thought about removing it in the past myself for this reason alone. It would be fine if it had a slay timer, but it doesn't.

mg_hellz_multigames_fix: I'll add the fixed version of the map tomorrow if someone else doesn't do it by then.
    • May 15, 2011
      I'll look into mg_color_multigames_v2 and see if the original mapper is still active. If not, I'll decompile it and try to fix that myself.

It's just the Bhop is overly complicated right and has no slay timer? If you'd like, I can either make the bhop easier or add a timer to it. Or both.

Edit: Sent a message to the original Mapper. I will wait 24 hours for a response before doing it myself.
    • Mar 16, 2008