Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Map specific skins

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Tony Montana, Jul 15, 2012

1. Jul 4, 2011
    I don't know if this is possible but I had this idea of enabling new models for donators/admins to choose from depending on which map you're playing that would otherwise not meet the requirements for a global skin. They are not big at all in size, would give the maps more depth and be another perk for donators. Here are a few examples;

Mako Reactor (FFVII) - Cloud (300 kb) & Zack (260 kb)

[IMG]

[IMG]

Biohazard RPD & Racoon Facility (Resident Evil) - Jill (~600 kb) & Spiders (zombie models, ~1 mb each)

[IMG]

[IMG]

Death Star Escape (Star Wars) - Various models (~1 mb each, use 1 or 2?)

[IMG]

There's a lot more of them since many ZE maps are based on movies, other games etc. Thoughts?
    • Like Like x 4
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
      null, Jul 15, 2012 Last edited by Tony Montana, Jul 15, 2012
    • Nov 2, 2011
      It will attract more players to donate/get admin. I like the idea.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • May 31, 2012
        It's fairly easy to do, too. I used to do this on lotr maps on my -spanish- server. Looks kewl. Maybe paranoid could have a mix of all of them?

EDIT: It's done with a cfg file, changing some classes -enabling/disabling them, or maybe changing the skin of existing classes- with the command zr_class_modify "humans" "model_path" "banana"

EDIT 2: Alien skins on space-based maps (like blackmesa or hypernova)?
        • Informative Informative x 2
        • May 14, 2011

On joining one of these maps you would get a choice of those special human skins?

Or would you have to type in !zclass and change it there EVERY time?
        • May 15, 2011
          inb4 Size issues/general not going to happen
        • Jul 4, 2011
          Just have them appear in the !zclass menu as a skin you can choose, I don't know if it's possible to have it remember the selection for the next time you're playing the map. Wouldn't be that much of an issue if it's not, just like the current 'admin skull' skin.

These skins aren't bigger than one music file in most ZE maps.
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • May 31, 2012
            I believe you would not be able to save your selection, but disabling the 'normal' classes would result on this classes being auto selected, I believe.
          • Nov 24, 2011
          • Feb 21, 2007
            the only one I would agree with would be the first one or two skins. However, I know Ray was always resistant to adding too many skins, because he wanted to keep the initial download as short as possible for people (thus as to not discourage them from joining due to long download time). Would probably need @Brian 's approval
          • May 31, 2012
            I believe there's a way to toggle this downloads using an extra plugin, so you'd only download those skins while on the specific maps. This would mean, for example, that if you disabled the other skins you would just need to DL the 'special' ones. I'm not sure, though, but I think we did it on my server (I didn't do that part)
          • Mar 20, 2012
            On the ze server battleforce.cz(81.0.217.182:27732) they have such a system for all lotr maps....so its definitely possible
            but idk if u already download the lotr skins when u join it or not, even if its not a lotr map...
            they have standard lotr skins for all humans and for vip's/admins skins with "famous" lotr characters i believe
          • Jul 4, 2011
            That happens automatically though, I don't think everyone will want to use these new skins. Would be better off as a selection in !zclass or have some kind of new menu.
          • Mar 19, 2011
            I think really the only practical one is Cloud, that would be great not going to agree with Jack doesn't fit the FFVII theme of Mako.
            Jill might be nice as well but it's a damn shame we don't have sewer nor manor on the server.
            Starwars doesn't get played that much would be cool to see some LOTR models if they exsisted.
          • May 31, 2012
            I believe that is do-able too. You can enable/disable classes the same way -using the zr_ command I posted before-.
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Jul 19, 2011
              When im on pub comps i notice the mossman skin takes me a while. other skins like alyx and combine don't even show up long enough for me to recognize what im downloading. I don't think this will be a problem.
            • May 28, 2011
              But Zack is technically a main character of FFVII, and he even got his own spinoff game. Lol
            • Mar 19, 2011
              Ah well I'm a fucking idiot... I should just keep my mouth shut. I really should of finished my FFVII playthrough I stopped at Junon. I need to FINISH this great game.
            • Jul 4, 2011
              @Josh / @Brian , is there any chance of having something like this implemented?
            • Feb 14, 2012
            • Mar 16, 2008
              For ZM, not a chance. For ZE, possibly. Are these server skins or client ones?