Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Map Suggestion Thread CS:S

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Pebble, Mar 12, 2008

1. Sep 24, 2012
    I can, however it would be very, very improbable that the server would have 64 people on when this is tested.
    Not to mention that even if you have more people that spawn points, most of the time the source engine will spawn people next to each other. It's an unusual occurrence for people to spawn stuck into each other.
    And this is just a play test. I need to know how some of these spots work, and give myself time to think over theme ideas.

The final version of the map will have 64.
  2. Apr 26, 2015
    Actually IIRC on the server if the spawn points are full people in spectate cannot spawn. This happened the last time I remember there being 64 players on, and the teams were limited to 25/ea.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sep 24, 2012
    • Aug 6, 2016
      The map can definitely get tested when a management member is on but it would be great if you could slap in those last 6 spawn points first. Seems to be the only thing missing. :smile: the best time to test a map is when we have 64 players on. Gotta be able to really take that map for a ride. :wink:
    • Jun 4, 2006
      but possible. We usually don't add/test maps unless there's enough spawns but I'll make an exception as it's not being tested to be added to rotation and it's a one-time thing. I do hope to see the spawns added in the next version to be tested though.

zm_mapforplaguefest2017_b1 has been uploaded to server and fastdl. @MoonChickenDogRat join ZM whenever you see any LSA+ on and ask them to test it.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Sep 24, 2012
        Hey, I'm having ISP backend problems. If you could find another person to take note when it's on; that'd be great.

retslag1 may be interested.

Best yet, if it means anything; I'll credit you in the final version of the map.
        MoonChickenDogRat, Apr 3, 2017 Last edited by MoonChickenDogRat, Apr 4, 2017
      • Apr 26, 2015
        It'd be good if you'd be there for map testing so you can see any issues with it.
      • Feb 6, 2017
        I would suggest zm_city17, for the low player# map rotation.
        It's a small map with practically no cade possibility, so you have to rely on shooting skills and teamwork.

http://gamebanana.com/maps/20161
      • Oct 29, 2010
        Currently, the low pop maps still need to meet our requirements of 64 spawns; it's not a separate list of maps, but rather a selection of our normal rotation.
      • Jul 14, 2010
        Maybe @Detonator could put some small maps on the small map rotation list that are not on the normal rotation? Would be interesting.
        • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
        • Apr 26, 2015
          Actually not bad of an idea. Maybe if we could have Lego miniworld not be played when 50 people are on... but I can dream.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Feb 6, 2017
          • Feb 6, 2017
            There is the zm_fubar_towers_v4 map I haven't seen being played in a long long time, it was a nice map to play, and it's on the server's list of maps but not in the rotation.
          • Sep 13, 2012
              Chuck Norris, May 27, 2017 Last edited by Chuck Norris, May 27, 2017
            • Oct 31, 2016
              Ayy @Tony The Tiger and/or @Brian (wasn't sure, Kyro said Brian checks this thread but the OP post says to tag Tony).

Can we get zm_blockfort_v4_b3 put on the ZM server for playtesting?
              DL is here (not on GameBanana because its a beta, sorry): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5anuh8pRz_DRDNJYkJNTlBaX0E

(Also here's hoping I don't singlehandedly ruin the server cvars, but hopefully I set that thing right that Tony told me to do about changing cvars and how to make it so they change back after the map ends. If someone wants to double check it, hit me up on Steam and I'll send you the VMF. Or decompile it. :/ )
              (Also also, if it gets added, please let me know when you test it on the server, I wanna be there when it goes up.)
              • Like Like x 1
              • Feb 27, 2012
                Won't be able to tonight but should be able to tomorrow evening. Just message me on steam tomorrow evening and we'll do it up. Unless Brian beats me to it...
                • Like Like x 1
                • Feb 27, 2012
                  @Flare i've uploaded the map to the box, but have no tested it. If any @Lead Server Admin is on when I am not and wants to test it with Flare, that would be awesome.

zm_blockfort_v4_b3
                  • Like Like x 2
                  • Jul 6, 2017
                    Creators name (If known): [Original - Moo] [Fixed - Mo0nLiGht + [ZFC] Satch]
                    No. of Spawn Points (If known): 72 spawnpoints
                    Map size (in mb): 1.88 mb
                    Download URL: http://gamebanana.com/maps/56105
                    Short Description: A popular map also on a zombie server I used to play on called "Firewall". Players commonly nominated the map and I personally think it should be on this server as well. There are numerous spots with potential cades, areas of the maps where a mass number of people can fight off the zombies such as the basement, crates, or even just running outside. There aren't as many secrets but the flexibility the map has for the players should give everyone a fun experience at the end. This map can be made for small populations at some period of the day and a large population as well.
                  • Apr 26, 2015
                    It looks a lot like zm_base_winter_beta3c
                  • Jul 6, 2017
                    Oh it is the same map, I guess different version. That's good then. Ty for the info.