Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Map Suggestion Thread CS:S

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Pebble, Mar 12, 2008

1. Mar 29, 2015
    Right! heaps of old members remember it and it would be awesome to see it back on rotation @Brian
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Apr 9, 2007
      What does the quote from 7 years ago say?

Pretty sure this is still the case, which is why we removed it :frown:
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Does anyone know why it crashes linux servers? Perhaps it doesn't anymore. Can always find out if tested on ZE first.
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
        • Mar 29, 2015
          Yeh that would be cool if we could test it. and if it is something broken on the map perhaps @gig
          Post Merged, Dec 24, 2017
          @GiGaBiTe could take a look*
        • Mar 26, 2009
          Creators name (If known): Bloodhammerhero / myself
          No. of Spawn Points (If known): 64
          Map size (in mb): 21.9 MB
          Download URL: zm_x_dontfall_v3.7z

[IMG]

Short Description:

Complete remake of zm_x_dontfall_v2 to fix numerous issues.

Notable bug fixes:
          - Players no longer receive fall damage.
          - All displacements remade to be power 3 instead of power 4, reducing CPU and memory usage.
          - Removed unused triggers and bugged ladders inside walls.

I looked at the map source, the crashing is most likely due to the way the map does low gravity. Instead of using trigger_gravity or trigger_push, it uses a point_servercommand to modify the sv_gravity cvar, which is known to cause physics related crashing.

It could be edited out pretty easily, but the map does have other issues regarding performance, which could use fixing. I'll see what I can do.
          • Like Like x 4
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
            GiGaBiTe, Dec 26, 2017 Last edited by GiGaBiTe, Dec 26, 2017
          • Mar 29, 2015

This looks so epic dude good job. i cant wait to test it. @Brian get on it :grin:
            Oxazebam, Dec 27, 2017 Last edited by Tony The Tiger, Dec 27, 2017
          • Mar 29, 2015
            @Brian Can you please add the new dont fall version so we can test it?? <3
          • Jun 4, 2006
            zm_lego_miniworld_v3b - Added.

Thanks @Bapple™ and @GiGaBiTe!
            • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
            • Apr 26, 2015
              The map on the server is zm_legominiword_v3r, someones having an issue with DL'ing the one you linked and getting a wrong map error.

Also theres a v4 lego mini contender from W6 https://gamebanana.com/maps/198176
              Has 64 spawns, looks a bit bigger and has 2 levels to it.
            • Jun 17, 2014
              zm_lego_miniworld_v3r isn't even on the server, This was the original quick fix that had cubemap errors & broken brushes.
              We added zm_lego_miniworld_v3b. If they're getting a map error, They need to delete "zm_lego_miniworld_v3b.bsp" from their steamapps>common>Counter:Strike Source>cstrike>download>maps folder.

W6 posted v4r so we could get some more suggestions and constructive criticism before making the final version for PF. This is more of the "beta" version for what's coming.
            • Jan 1, 2018
              I made a suggestion while playing that it might be fun to play on walmart. Alot of people piped up that it might be fun, having remembered playing on it too. It was just lacking vendies and couches. The maps super old, and I don't think has ever been utilised for zombies before. But mabye if someone can edit in some nicely placed furniture, it'd be a fun addition to the rotation?

[IMG]

https://gamebanana.com/maps/41918

I used to play this map a lot along time ago, and I still love it. It was made a guy that calls himself "Squall". I did not make this map!
            • Feb 27, 2012
              zm_onadega

Creators name (If known): Natalya

No. of Spawn Points (If known): 48 Player Spawns
              Map size (in mb): 4MB

Short Description: Classic ZM map searched high and low for this map.

Map Features:
              - 48 Player Spawns
              - Cubemaps
              - Radar Map
              - 4 Easy Secrets
              - 2 Medium Secrets
              - Barricading Spots
              - Climbing Spots
              Okay, this map is probably the smallest I've released. It's a 2-story house with a basement, garage, and tiny play house. The map is based off of my cousin's house in Onadega, Ontario. The first floor is almost 100% accurate, but the second floor has some rooms merged, and the basement is completely original, except the staircase and door to the outside. The house also has too many windows. O well, it's a game right? Anyway, the map does have a bunch of secrets like all my maps. Some are easy, a couple are hard. (Invisible buttons & stuff...)
              This map was made small so that when there are only a few people on a server, it doesn't take forever to find them, but when there are a lot there is a decent spot for everyone.
              Thanks to MoOnLiGht for testing this map on the Zombie Network II server:
              81.95.0.26:27035 (Unlimited Ammo, No Reload, Prop Menu)
              All custom materials are paked into the map, including the radar. Let me know if you have texture missing bugs, but I don't think there will be any. Tell me what you guys think!!
              PS:
              Minor note regarding the flag and symbols on the house:
              My extended family is Latvian, and that's the flag of Latvia. The wooden symbol is something they'll put on their houses, but I don't know what it means or signifies, just that my cousins have one on their house, so I put it up too.
            • Jan 6, 2018
              Map name: To be named (something along the lines of zm_plantation or something)
              Creators name (If known): THiZzFREAK
              No. of Spawn Points (If known): To be decided
              Map size (in mb): Large, detailed. Time consuming.
              Download URL: To be determined.
              Short Description: Name is thizz, I've worked on maps before, and I had an idea a long time ago for a map that never came to fruition.
              I've worked on different maps, and have mastered a bit more than the fundementals. But, there is a movie from 2006 called "Stay Alive"
              Where, if you die in the game, you die in real life. A group of 6 people, have to uncover the "depraved secrets of the Garouge Plantation" and
              bring justice to all the dead girls. The garouge plantation is based off a real plantation and has a main mansion, a cemetary to one side,
              with a tower in the middle that the "madam" of the plantation's body is in, and an underground sewer system. If the map is built to scale,
              it would be decently large. It would be time consuming to make, and be a hefty endeavor, but, with refrences from the movie, I would like to
              build as close a replica I can. Its dark, its scary, its twisted, and it has backstory. IF enough people are interested, I would like to collaborate
              with some people on the map, or solo if needbe. Just need some sort of positive affirmation that it would be a worthwhile project (worthwhile
              simply meaning it would be playable on plaguefest) before I but any surmountable time into the project. For any who want to have an opinion,
              but either havent, or don't want to watch the movie, the files attached in link are the best pictures I can display to give a good idea of the map.
              If you want to add me to collaborate, critique, or assist with ideas, add me at http://steamcommunity.com/id/Tmi

[link removed] for pictures of "map"
              THiZzFREAK, Jan 7, 2018 Last edited by Kyro, Jan 7, 2018
            • Apr 26, 2015
              If you have an unfinished work in progress, post in in Works In Progress, as this is for completed maps. I don't trust that link you've posted telling me to disable my adblocker, especially since you're a new member with 1 post so I've removed that link from your post. You can embed your images via imgur or direct upload images as attachments.

this original post hurt my eyes - bapple
            • Feb 27, 2012
            • Jan 6, 2018
              Well, my bad, you're right, I've been around for years but not made myself known. Almost as soon as I noticed it bapple said just go for it, you guys don't really reject maps, so, I'll put my best effort into making it.
              I'll drop something into r/workinprogress though, and see what happens from there. I'll link through imgur for the images, didn't think of that.
            • Apr 9, 2007
            • Feb 27, 2012

Any updates on this?
            • Jun 4, 2006