Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Map Suggestion Thread CS:S

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Pebble, Mar 12, 2008

1. Aug 8, 2010
    Creators name (If known): MasterChodda
    No. of Spawn Points (If known): 64
    Map size (in mb): ~29MB uncompressed
    Download URL: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ap4j7wJk47ipgr8zr5CvN2ljEoNP8Q
    Short Description: Choddarena was a map I made a long time ago. I have completely remastered it per Dillingers request. I hope you like it bud! Changed all textures, skybox, spots, removed 90% of the props (there were so damn many LOL), optimized the map and remade most of the cades and such. The server needs some new maps. I am working on another one right now as well. It is brand new from scratch so will take a bit longer (Although Close to Done). I did not take any screen shots as I am about to do some things. Can we test this soon? It is final except for a test and a PF logo and my name LOL. Enjoy!

@dillinger
    @Tony
    @retslag1
    @Brian
    @Isnukamex

EDIT**Added pics, same link as above.
    • Like Like x 3
      masterchodda, Mar 1, 2019 Last edited by masterchodda, Mar 1, 2019
    • Dec 17, 2007
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Aug 8, 2010
        • Like Like x 1
        • Jun 4, 2006
          Tested this on an empty server and the map crashes the server as soon as you change to it. Server console output is below (looks like a problem with one or more of your entities).

Code:
          SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/de_train/handrail_singlespan_128.mdl)
          SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/de_train/handrail_singlespan_128.mdl)
          SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_junk/food_pile03.mdl)
          SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_junk/food_pile01.mdl)
          L 03/03/2019 - 21:18:49: Started map "zm_telspot" (CRC "ec3be0da7ef760b7eba6a95eb6bf0bc8")
          ConVarRef room_type doesn't point to an existing ConVar
          L 03/03/2019 - 21:18:49: server_cvar: "sv_accelerate" "5"
          L 03/03/2019 - 21:18:49: Added gameME gameserver tag [bunnyhopping,escape,fastdl,gameme,hlstats,hlstatsx,hlxce,increased_maxplayers,mod,ssd,stats,ze,zombie,zombie escape,gameME]
          L 03/03/2019 - 21:18:49: server_cvar: "sv_stopspeed" "75"
          L 03/03/2019 - 21:18:49: Added gameME gameserver tag [bunnyhopping,escape,fastdl,gameme,hlstats,hlstatsx,hlxce,increased_maxplayers,mod,ssd,stats,ze,zombie,zombie escape,gameME]
          Executing dedicated server config file server.cfg
          classname missing from entity!
          Could not find steamerrorreporter binary. Any minidumps will be uploaded in-processclassname missing from entity!

L 03/03/2019 - 21:18:49: Engine error: classname missing from entity!

Segmentation fault (core dumped)
          libfasttime.so: using alternative time method
          cat: srcds.pid: No such file or directory
          email debug.log to linux@valvesoftware.com
          Sun Mar  3 21:18:49 EST 2019: Server restart in 10 seconds
          • Like Like x 1
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            This would be whats crashing the server @anderoidn

When you compile your map check the compile log for errors to find out which entity is causing this.
            • Zing! Zing! x 1
            • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
            • Aug 8, 2010
              Hi all, not posting a map right now. Wanted to show the direction and progress of a map I have been working on. I thought it might help the server a bit. Something totally fresh. I give you:

zm_rtvgaymap Screenshots

The BSP is also there for anyone who wants to run around it. Find the secret or 2 >:grin:
              I packed the custom textures so it should show. *PM me if it does not plez.
              This is an Alpha map so it is fresh AF.
              Yes, I know it is not perfect. Constructive criticism is totally welcome!
              Sorry, I have not progressed to the point of lighting as of yet. It is full bright and is worth mentioning because it looks unreal with light. Sun is there but no point lights. It would be dark af.
              If you look at the pictures from start to finish you can get a good layout of the map. Pics are consecutive.

:grin:
              @Brian
              @Tony
              @retslag1
              @Isnukamex
              @dillinger
              @anderoidn
              @Aphilion

Sorry if I missed anyone. Cheers!
              MC
              • Like Like x 2
              • Aug 6, 2016
                I liked the two double wall jump hold spots. Seemed to have a pretty good balance between zombies not being able to bhop over both walls, in one go and having a ladder to use to get right back up.
                The very bottom level of the black/pink room seemed inescapable. Once down there, I couldn't seem to find any ladders or ports up.
                The rooftop of the black/red building seemed like it would need some tweaking or a secondary access point because it would probably be made illegal pretty fast due to it's inaccessibility under fire.
                I know you said the map wasn't finished so I'm just waiting see what you do with the temple section.
                Good luck and waiting to see more of it!
              • Feb 9, 2019
                @Tony @Brian Nowadays I was repairing the map, today I was going to give an update on it, but already with those errors in hand I already know what to do. Thanks for reporting the error. When I'm done, I'd like you to take a look.
                • Like Like x 3
                • Aug 8, 2010
                  Did you notice they are breakable but in smaller sections? :grin:

There are ladders. They are not marked, was going to use the red bricks from the building. I promise there is a way to get all the way back up :grin:

Yes, I see it. Will rework it. I just started that part though

I have no idea. You? LOL

Thanks snookies!x
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Aug 6, 2016
                    Interesting. I plan on taking a few more laps around the map.

Good good.

I had a few ideas come to mind from some other maps. I can post some of those Screenshots here or PM them to you. If you were looking for more original ideas, I could probably think of some that you might like.
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Dec 17, 2007
                      That first pic, could that room be like a death room, where the ceiling falls down when a secret button is activated?
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Aug 8, 2010
                        Damn skippy, I think they will be on a timer and randomly fall off ceiling. good times!
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Dec 17, 2007
                          Nice, what if they have to be activated by a series of secret buttons?
                        • Aug 8, 2010
                          Why yes good buddy, I believe that would be tits! If you have ideas on where the buttons might go pm me on steam so it remains a bit of a secret.
                          Hmmm.... Secrets Secrets Secrets.

[IMG]
                          • Like Like x 1
                          • Feb 9, 2019
                            Ok I finished the map solving the previous mistakes, and putting more points and more secrets! I just need a help with the keyboard I can not do the job, if anyone can help me thanks :smile: :smile::smile:
                            @Brian @Tony @masterchodda
                            • Like Like x 1
                            • Aug 8, 2010
                            • Dec 17, 2007
                              I'll be off for the next couple of days, so i'll take a look after i get off of work
                              • Agree Agree x 1
                              • Feb 9, 2019
                                  anderoidn, Mar 6, 2019 Last edited by anderoidn, Mar 6, 2019
                                • Aug 8, 2010
                                  Hello again, I have been working on rtvgaymap and wanted to show my progress. Again, all comments are welcome.
                                  FYI - There is no lighting. I am aware that the map does not look as good as it could. I have compiled it with lighting and it looks really nice. Think in terms of structure, game play, architecture etc.
                                  Here is the download link - RTVGayMap
                                  Please let me know how you like it so far. I am very open to suggestions. Please do not be upset if you suggest something and I do not implement it. Your idea may be really good but I may have another direction to go in. I plan most of these things out in my head while I am mapping. One thing leads to another and ideas just come pouring out. LOL
                                  Anyways, any and all questions/comments are welcome and encouraged.

Thanks to everyone who is helping to test. I appreciate it tremendously!
                                  MC
                                  • Like Like x 1
                                  • Aug 8, 2010
                                    @anderoidn Very good job here broski. I like the direction you are going in and the changes you have made. The map is coming along very nicely!

As I was running around I noticed a few things you may want to know about. Below is console errors I got. Some I think are easily fixed. Let us have a looksee :grin:

env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: brick/offwllb
                                    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: plaster/plasterwallpaper005a
                                    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: de_piranesi/marblefloor01
                                    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: de_piranesi/marblefloor08
                                    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: metal/citadel_metalwall076a
                                    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: de_nuke/nukfloora
                                    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: glass/combineglass001a
                                    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: glass/glasswindow017a
                                    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: metal/metalroof005a
                                    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: de_piranesi/woodfloor03
                                    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: metal/citadel_metalwall063a
                                    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: de_nuke/nuke_metaldoor_01

*The errors above I think can be fixed by running the map and opening console, Then type buildcubemaps.

SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_lab/corkboard001.mdl)
                                    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_lab/corkboard002.mdl)

* Find these models in your map and see why they are throwing these errors up. I am sure it is something stupid.

Using map cycle file 'cfg/mapcycle_default.txt'. ('cfg/mapcycle.txt' was not found.)
                                    Attempted to create unknown entity type !
                                    Can't init
                                    Can't init
                                    Can't init

*Looks like some entities are retarded. I would delete them.

Attempted to create unknown entity type info_ladder!
                                    Can't init info_ladder
                                    Can't init info_ladder
                                    Can't init info_ladder
                                    Can't init info_ladder
                                    Can't init info_ladder

*If you are using the entity for ladder stop. Just use the ladder texture :grin:

Set motd from file 'cfg/motd_default.txt'. ('cfg/motd.txt' was not found.)
                                    Set motd_text from file 'cfg/motd_text_default.txt'. ('cfg/motd_text.txt' was not found.)
                                    SV_ActivateServer: setting tickrate to 66.7
                                    'listenserver.cfg' not present; not executing.

*Nothing to worry about, I wanted you to see the whole log. This is just me running a listen server with no cfg.

Can't init
                                    Can't init
                                    Can't init

*Looks like those retarded entities are at it again. Try changing their entity type. For instance they may not like being prop_static, change to phys or dynamic. (Just for example)

I hope this helps and would really like to get this map to the point of playing it with teh peoplez! LOL
                                    Very good job!

Below are some questions/comments about pictures I took in game. I had to make a link to my onedrive with the pictures. For some reason I can't post pics here.

Link to Pictures

Some pictures I took just to show areas I liked. The problem areas are in the first picture and in the white doorway. The first picture is a simple fix. The top of the stairs needs to be jumped over. Unless you intended this.

The white doorway is from Area Portals. If you use AP's please read a tutorial on how to use them properly. It is the same as a leak in the map. Ask me about this privately and I can assist you.

So far so good. You are on the right track and this map has the potential to be fun as all hell!
                                    Thanks!
                                    MC
                                    • Like Like x 1
                                    • Zing! Zing! x 1