Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Map Suggestion Thread CS:S

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Pebble, Mar 12, 2008

1. Feb 9, 2019
    Thanks again for reporting the errors, I will correct them now (at the time of this repost). About env_cubemap, I was already planning, but thanks for reminding me..:sorriso:

@masterchodda
  2. Feb 9, 2019
    @anderoidn I looked around and see there are still some issues remaining from before. Here is my console log:

env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: brick/offwllb
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: plaster/plasterwallpaper005a
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: de_piranesi/marblefloor01
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: de_piranesi/marblefloor08
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: metal/citadel_metalwall076a
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: de_nuke/nukfloora
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: glass/combineglass001a
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: glass/glasswindow017a
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: metal/metalroof005a
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: de_piranesi/woodfloor03
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: metal/citadel_metalwall063a
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: de_nuke/nuke_metaldoor_01
    Using map cycle file 'cfg/mapcycle_default.txt'. ('cfg/mapcycle.txt' was not found.)
    Attempted to create unknown entity type !
    Can't init
    Attempted to create unknown entity type info_ladder!
    Can't init info_ladder
    Can't init info_ladder
    Can't init info_ladder
    Can't init info_ladder
    Can't init info_ladder
    Can't init info_ladder
    Set motd from file 'cfg/motd_default.txt'. ('cfg/motd.txt' was not found.)
    Set motd_text from file 'cfg/motd_text_default.txt'. ('cfg/motd_text.txt' was not found.)
    SV_ActivateServer: setting tickrate to 66.7
    'listenserver.cfg' not present; not executing.
    Attempted to create unknown entity type !
    Can't init
    The Area Portal in the map is broken. I would delete them and compile again. This time turn off HRD. You will need more cubemaps for HDR and you need to have them tied to specific textures. It is a tediously time consuming ass fart no bueno lol
    The ladder entity is non functional now. Use the ladder texture instead. Also, there are retarded entities still.
    I suggest you look at your own console before uploading the map again and work through all of the issues in red. If you get stuck on one let us know. I start work next week and will not have as much time to gggggay around hhhomo.
    :grin: Weeners, good job though keep it up!
    MC
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dec 17, 2007
      hey sent you a pm here on the forums. I included pics. Let me know what you think
      • Like Like x 1
      • Aug 8, 2010
        @masterchodda @anderoidn cubemaps cant be fixed by just running buildcubemaps. there is a longer process http://forums.doubleactiongame.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=356&p=51107#p51107

bad. use func_brush. ladder brushes cut visleafs.
        not a big deal. IIRC just means this static prop has no proper physics which is fine because it's static. model will appear fine and unless you're a modeler it cant be fixed easily.
      • Aug 8, 2010
      • Feb 21, 2007
        has your map from the weekend been tested yet? I tried to find u on friends the other day to test it but couldn't remember your name on there, since it's no longer masterchodda lol.
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Aug 6, 2016
          • Dec 17, 2007
            I think that would be good on the map. I have a couple in mind, i'm more into metal tho
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Jun 4, 2006
              It's been tested once so far. Chodda said he had to nerf some spots and add some billboards so we're waiting on that.
              • Zing! Zing! x 1
              • Aug 8, 2010
                Working on choddarena now and damn. I am liking it! SHould be submitting final it tonight or tomorrow. Would love to play it for weekend. Im grinding away at it now.
                Cheers!

Me too but most people like the dubstep/electronic music. You know me I would have Amon Amarth playlist LOL

Back to work!
                • Like Like x 1
                • Dec 17, 2007
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Feb 27, 2012
                    You could func_detail them but if its right up against another brush it will have a little see through spot where you can see the sky. I think there was another reason as well but i cant remember right now.
                    • Informative Informative x 1
                    • Aug 8, 2010
                      So just make is a brush entity? How to ladder with such things? LOL
                    • Feb 27, 2012
                      Yes, func_brush. This causes the issue of it launching you up really high, but it's really not a big deal. There is a hacky way to turn ladders into an entity that doesnt cut vis leafs, doesnt cause walls to not render and doesnt launch you up when you step on them, but its just a pain in the ass to do.
                      • Informative Informative x 1
                      • Aug 8, 2010
                        Creators name (If known): MasterChodda
                        No. of Spawn Points (If known): 64
                        Map size (in mb): 30MB~
                        Download URL: zm_choddarena_final
                        Short Description: Map is finally done. Added many new secrets, cade spots and a plethora of hold downs. Added teleporters at one spawn area. Added PF banners in a couple places. 90's Made a hand drawn PF logo I added above the teleports. Fixed all console errors.
                        @Brian
                        @retslag1
                        @dillinger
                        @Tony
                        @Isnukamex
                        @Aphilion
                        • Agree Agree x 1
                        • Winner Winner x 1
                        • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
                        • Dec 17, 2007
                          • Friendly Friendly x 1
                          • Feb 21, 2007
                            cool, lets try to test this tonight or tomorrow night
                          • Aug 8, 2010
                            That would be very cool. Will be on server in an hour or 2 to hang out with Papa @bowling_bastard
                            :grin: