Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Map Suggestion Thread CS:S

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Pebble, Mar 12, 2008

1. Mar 26, 2009
    This error is caused by a prop with an incorrect "collisions" key setting. Not all props have physics meshes, so you can't select "vphysics". You have to either use the "use bounding box" or "not solid" options.

This isn't caused by nonsense entities, it's caused by an entity with no defined type (ie. prop_physics or light.) I don't know if these will show up with Hammer's error checker or not, but they will be obvious because they'll be small red/white squares in the editor.

This is an engine bug, not a map problem. The compile tools will create one instance of info_ladder for every ladder brush contained in the map. The info_ladder will contain the bounding box coordinates for a specific brush based ladder in the map. If you decompile a map, you may notice that no brush ladder entities exist, but there will be a ton of info_ladder entities at the world origin 0,0,0.

Related to error above of null named entities.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Aug 8, 2010
      • Like Like x 1
      • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
      • Dec 17, 2007
        I'm all for testing this really anytime Thursday thru Saturday
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Feb 9, 2019
          Creators name (If known): AnderoidN ( SidTrevoso ), Masterchodda Edit
          No. of Spawn Points (If known): 64 (32 ct/tr)
          Map size (in mb): 5.95 MB ( download rar 1.54 MB )
          Download URL: http://www.mediafire.com/file/z05du9gkii5mrvx/zm_telspotv5_chodda_edit.rar/file
          Short Description: A good map for the server, medium map but with enough places! Please review my map :smile: ( 4 secrets. )
        • Aug 8, 2010
          Thanks but I didn't do anything lol. The map is all you! Did you work on it more since the last time we talked? I am on server now so I will look at it after. Having fun!
          • Like Like x 1
          • Dec 17, 2007
            I need to see some pics and how to get to all four secrets
            • Like Like x 1
            • Feb 9, 2019
            • Dec 17, 2007
            • Feb 9, 2019
              [quote = "Aphilion, post: 319058, membro: 417"] Sim eu faço [/ quote]

AnderoidN#5549
            • Aug 8, 2010
              So, I was bitching again about this map today. Pissed myself right off and decided to do something about it. See below for the map and all the pictures in the link below.

I changed nothing about the map except the way it looks (duh) and added lighting.
              If you like it cool. I know the glass if fucky. Working on it or by the time you read this it is fixed.
              I took a lot of screens shots. Pretty sure I got all of the rooms in the game. Should you like a change in one of those rooms, use the picture to tell/show me what you mean. (no spinning skyboxes) :reallypissed::blush:
              Optimized the map. SHould run smooth af on all systems. SHould have all the custom shit in it.
              Weeners!

[IMG]

[IMG]
              @Brian it works like you said! (pictures from 1d-ty)
              @Aphilion what do you think:hammer:

:curllip: Pictures and Map HERE:thinking:
              • Winner Winner x 2
              • Dec 17, 2007
                The sky theme and lighting look awesome! I think it's better than before.
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Aug 8, 2010
                  Creators name (If known): Firewall
                  No. of Spawn Points (If known): 64
                  Map size (in mb): ~27MB
                  Download URL: Download here: zm_firewall_pf_opt_retex
                  Short Description: Changed the textures to mirror what was there before, blue/red. Area portals added, cannot see props from upstairs while downstairs and vice versa. Detailed all I could. Added a view cam for opening view of original authors name and webs. removed shadows from all props, added lighting to the map. Glass is fixed from last I showed this. Set all props for cading with start asleep flag and lowered all props to not float so much when map starts. New skybox I thought was fitting for Firewall. It looks firey :grin: All feedback welcome.
                  @Brian
                  @retslag1
                  @Aphilion
                  @Isnukamex

Weeners!
                  MC
                  • Mapping King Mapping King x 2
                  • Dec 17, 2007
                    Downloaded and ready to play it, when it gets added to the rotation.
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Feb 9, 2019
                      ok hi @Aphilion I accepted the discord request
                    • Dec 17, 2007
                      I actually more or less did a test run with it on my computer it. It looks awesome, the only thing I can see with it, is the props down stairs in the basement look like they're reflecting the sky box outside. If you can change that cool, if not it's no big deal, still playable and looks great.
                      Post Merged, Mar 17, 2019
                      Are you talking about discord or steam, bc I don't see any request on discord
                    • Feb 4, 2019
                      Creators name (If known): https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999791209/
                      No. of Spawn Points (If known):
                      Map size (in mb):475 kb
                      Download URL: https://gamebanana.com/maps/download/111932
                      Short Description:
                      I was playing this map in the past on other servers. Neo showed me secrets of this map so people who think they have found a good spot to survive are actually wrong. This map is really balanced. the only thing i would say is a bit unfair is in this video (
                      via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlHwRTZlw1Q
                      ) at minute: 0:18.
                      The video shows everything, maybe some people will get a bit confused when they see someone behind props like at minute 1:40. But you can teleport inside there with that secret at 2:42.

maybe it will be a fresh new air to the server since i have heard many people complaining playing the same maps over and over again.

neo had another map called
                      zm_lila_neo_2_fix_and_bix . but i know that there is a flamethrower who can destroy props etc. i just tested it. i would say if a zombie kills that person then the problem is solved since he is very slow with that flamethrower.

i hope you will put at least neo 3 in the server so we can have a bit more fun once again :grin:
                      thanks
                    • Dec 17, 2007
                    • Feb 4, 2019
                      I think what matters more is the quality of a map instead of the name. and you can throw 1-2 old,other lila maps out and get this one.
                    • Dec 17, 2007
                    • Jun 4, 2006
                      Just a reminder, I told you back in Feb these maps have issues that would need to be fixed before they could be put on rotation:
                      As I said, we can still test them to see if players like them, but they need to be edited if we want to add them to rotation.