Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Map Suggestion Thread CS:S

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Pebble, Mar 12, 2008

1. Feb 21, 2007
    zm_blockfort_v5_b1 -- attempted to run a test run on the test server and it crashed my client multiple times and eventually crashed the test server. @masterchodda was around too. @Flare
    • Like Like x 1
    • Oct 31, 2016
      Working on testing it on a separate computer to figure out the crashes. So far, it runs just fine on my secondary laptop (except I guess I missed a decal meant to be packed). @masterchodda sent me error logs but the majority of those errors are able to be ignored since they either appear clientside when making the sound.cache files or are simply due to the ladder models not having a vphysics-hitbox (both of which happen on older map versions as well). GiGaBiTe did talk to me about corrupted vertices regarding Hammer rounding the vertices at an invalid point, but the only ones I could find were from the new pipe brushes (of which I fixed all of them, I recall). Were you doing anything specific when the crashes happened and was the crashing consistent, completely random, or happening as you started the map?
    • Aug 8, 2010
      Just running the map would crash on connect to the server. It seems fine on its own/locally. There are errors in console for both scenarios. You addressed that already. Have you ever used the "Check map for problems" under map? It is rudimentary at best but has found lameness on my maps from time to time. Just a thought. Otherwise this map is tits!
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Feb 27, 2012
        @Flare here is what i get from my console. IIRC missing sprites can cause clients to crash. Not sure about particles, but i see one of them labeled as a sprite so you might wanna forcefully pack those into the map.

I also noticed that your fall damage trigger never stops firing. You should stop it from firing non stop by killing it after 65 seconds which can cause unnecessary load on the server and may be part of the reason.
        Lastly, not related to the crashing, but when i was scrolling through the console i noticed that when you set the friction and all that for the slide-y mode, you use sm_mapstorecvar which is great. However for a public release for other servers, that mode will not work and will be entirely broken as this is for a private plugin that we use. Instead you may want to make a separate release for PF versus for the public. The public release should just change the convars regularly and server owners will be responsible for fixing their server if and when it breaks. This is something i did with my surf map.
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Feb 21, 2007
          Thanks @masterchodda and @Tony . And flare, I loaded the map on the test server, just to make sure I could donwload it and that it didn't crash lol. After selecting either CT, T or spec, my client would get the "disconnect" error and countdown from 20 seconds or w/e. After that I would error out of the server. I reconnected 5 times and same thing everytime. On the 5th time, I couldn't even connect to the server. I had master chodda try to log in just to make sure it wasn't me. He had troubles too connecting and loading
        • Feb 27, 2012
          can you pull the log and see what it says from the moment the map is loading to the point where the server crashes?
        • Oct 31, 2016
          I'll repack the sprite that I use but the other 3 ones you listed are not ones I've used so I haven't any idea why your game is trying to load those. It's possible(?) that because I use a custom particle that helps increase performance when zombies are on fire, VIDE/Hammer may have included references to those(?).
          As for the fall-damage thing, can I set the output to OnStartTouch instead of OnTrigger? I'm hoping that will allow players that join late to also not get fall damage while also cutting down on server load since it will hopefully only fire upon the entity once while it's touching it.
          With the cvars, I already have it set the cvars to defaults upon MapSpawn, with the sv_mapstorecvar commands being issued out a second later at the first MapSpawn. If this is still an issue let me know.
          @retslag1 I'll see about hosting a server and connecting my laptop to it to see if I get the same. It may just be the lack of a needed sprite(?) but I'll see what I can do and issue out a fix asap.
        • Mar 26, 2009
          Working on Jotuns blue town version again:

[IMG]

[IMG]
          • Friendly Friendly x 2
          • Feb 27, 2012
            I'm not sure how yours is setup, but here's how you should.

Create a filter_damage_type. Name it something, for my example it will be dmg. Filter mode should be "disallow entities that match this criteria" and damage type set to "FALL"

Create a logic_timer. Give it a name for example falldamage_timer. Have it start disabled, and a refire interval of 5 seconds. Create an output on this as OnTimer>player>SetDamageFilter>dmg>0>No.

Now under your logic_auto have the following output set up.
            OnMapSpawn>player>SetDamageFilter>dmg>1>No
            OnMapSpawn>falldamage_timer>Enable>>0>No
            OnMapSpawn>falldamage_timer>Disable>>60>No

This will refire your fall damage settings at the start of every round every 5 seconds for 60 seconds, and at the 60 second mark will disable to timer so it no longer fires. 60 seconds should be enough time for humans and zombies to be selected and apply fall damage even to late connectors. Here's some screenshots of how I have it set up in my duke map.

As you can see under the quoted text, it is only firing every 5 seconds and stops after 60, whereas yours fires every 1 second and never stops. Much less spammy this way.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Aug 8, 2010
              Creators name (If known): lil_a (Edited by MasterChodda)
              No. of Spawn Points (If known): 64
              Map size (in mb): 2.6MB
              Download URL: zm_lila_panic_pfcf2
              Short Description: This map is fun. I want it to look nicer. Added lighting. Fixed the illegal spot. Optimised map/props. Extended the skybox higher. I hit my head on the sky ...meh. HDR Lighting.
              @retslag1
              @Brian
              @bowling_bastard
              @Skitz
              @Isnukamex
              :grin:
              • Like Like x 1
              • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
              • Oct 31, 2016
                Alright I hopefully fixed the crashing issue, I tested this on a dedicated server myself and didn't experience any crashing (may be due to missing some files such as a decal sprite but I've yet to recreate the crashing on my own end even with a clean copy from my laptop and a fresh dedicated server). I also reduced the number of times that trigger_multiple fires from 60 times per minute to just 6, once every 10 seconds so it doesn't do too much and can hopefully stay around all round.
                https://gamebanana.com/maps/192819
                @Tony
                @retslag1
                Let me know if it still crashes, I've hopefully included everything needed for the map to run smoothly.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Feb 27, 2012
                  only reason i suggest disabling it is because that after 60 seconds all ZM's should have spawned and all human players should now have no fall damage already, so it would be eliminating firing needlessly. but every 10 seconds is much better so that should be fine.
                • Oct 31, 2016
                  The only reason I keep it enabled all round is because I know some servers have humans able to spawn all round long (for better or worse lmao) and I want servers that allow that to be able to have nofall as well.
                • Feb 27, 2012
                • Feb 21, 2007
                • Aug 8, 2010
                • Feb 21, 2007
                  zm_blockfort_v5_b2 - added. Fun map, didn't crash this time! @Flare. Thanks @Tony and @masterchodda for your assistance with the crashing!

zm_firewall_pf_choderetex -- added, darker theme!

zm_choddas_minicompound_a1 - tested as a test map for chodda, I think ppl liked it!
                • Aug 8, 2010
                  Creators name (If known): MasterChodda
                  No. of Spawn Points (If known): 64
                  Map size (in mb): 27mb
                  Download URL: zm_choddas_minicompound_b1
                  Short Description: New map we tested briefly last Sunday. It is now finished as far as playability. This map is intended to be for lower population. Arena in nature, there are no secrets in this map. What you see is what you get. There are many areas to explore and I reinvented nooks and crannies. The map is playable for higher pop too and becomes pacick-esk is nature. A small compound filled with hold down spots and places to crawl around in. There is a cade area. It is small and big. lol. enjoy.
                  @retslag1
                  @Brian
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Feb 21, 2007
                    zm_choddas_minicompound_b1 - tested and didn't add just yet. That spot retslag was worried about would be OP....was OP lol. @masterchodda is making another version
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Dec 17, 2007
                      • Like Like x 1