Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Map Suggestions

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by xHZ_LaX_18x, Aug 9, 2010

1. Aug 9, 2010
    I haven't played Counter Strike: Source in awhile so I am not familiar with any of the maps anymore, but I think there should be a lot smaller maps with less places that you can be boosted up to and that you can crouch jump up to; it seems that every game I've been in is the same because the people go to the same places and there really is no emphasis on changing things up by building barricades like I remember the game was a few years ago.

I am drawing a blank on the map I am trying to use as an example since it's been a long time, but if I happen to remember it or run into anyone I know that remembers it; I'll post it here and see what everyone thinks about it. Basically, it is an indoor building that has a lot of smaller rooms inside of it all filled with couches, tables and vending machines; they are pretty generic and almost all of them are the same except for the amount of windows they have and / or the amount of doors they have; you can also go outside and there is a small 3 story building with rooms that you can move shelves, couches, chairs and vending machines to block the doors but you have to cover the windows.

I liked this map because it put an emphasis on barricade building instead of just crouch jumping or boosting people up to hard to reach, somewhat buggy spots.

Thanks for taking the time to read my suggestions, I hope you consider them.
  2. Apr 26, 2010
    I do believe you are talking about zm_lila_panic. Although we don't have that specific map we have a modified version. I'm pretty sure every other zm server in history really overplays this map which is why it's not in the list.
  3. Aug 9, 2010
    Thank you for the response, I was wondering if the Administrators here would be willing to add it for a bit of nostalgia and the fact that some people may like it; if not it can just as easily be removed I assume? I just really want at least 1 map I can go onto the server and do, knowing it'll have an emphasis towards barricade building which is fun.