Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Map testing day has come!

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Purpzz, Dec 13, 2011

1. Dec 3, 2011

Finaly after fixxing issues houres long i think my map is ready for a first 'private' test only for pF members.
    What i want to test is the following:

- Is there to much lagg?
    - Is the gameplay okay?
    - Is the fps to low or good enough?
    - Is it 'noob secured'?
    - Can there be cheat or not?
    - Is the boss HP to high or to low?
    - Are the time limits good enough or is there to much/less time left?
    - Are the levels okay or do they need more effect?
    - Are the reactions good or bad?

The map will be available to download via weblink (from megaupload.com / uploading.com) and will be send to all the people who want to help testing.
    The server to test on is for me the same, or we take one from pF or we take my private one (but there it can be pretty laggy).
    I already did the last test now on my own, there are some know issues but thoose dont bother the game so they can be fixxed after when the final version will be compiled.
    I write all bugs down on a paper so i dont forget, so if there are bugs showing up while test, just report them in chat and i write them down on the bug paper.

Know issues are: (todo list)

:Fixxed: - Skybox fix
    :Fixxed: - Couple lasers bug by the bossfight
    :Fixxed: - Camera vieuw to dark in zm cage (this will mayby deleted cause much laggs) * DELETED *
    :Fixxed: - Station level (lvl 1) more easy for humans
    :Fixxed: - Train no-death cheat fix
    :Fixxed: - (mayby) More lights on couple spots
    :Fixxed: - Getting particles to work on public vieuw

:Fixxed: - FPS optimizing (less lagg)
    :Fixxed: - Particles (effects) less bigger in lvl 3 because they come in the zm cage

Thats all from issues, they dont bother the game so long if we play it right and dont start cheating/bugging, the issues will be fixxed all before the final version goes online.
    I just want to test now to check thoose things in the list above and see if the map is ready or not ready.

I will PM couple people the day we test (today or friday) depends on steam fails again or not and when server is set up to test.

Thanks already for your help and lets hope we dont find bug and the map runs properly :razz:
    Cya all tonight !!! Leave a message here if you feel like helping testing, so i know i dont forget you to PM about.

xxx
  2. Aug 18, 2006
    Message me any time tomorrow and I'll stick the map on.
  3. Jan 21, 2011
  4. Jul 28, 2011
    I'd love to test too if i'm available when you do the actual test :grin:
  5. Dec 3, 2011
    If steam keeps failing then the test will be tomorrow :frown:
    I did already a quick test with 3DG to see if everything worked before i post it around to all testers, and we found one problem with particles.

Luffaren helped me fixxing this so now it should work, i go make one final quick test private with somebody and if he see them then you all will see it.
    Its important this works because its a part of the effects with the monster fight.

I will post a new reaction soon if we test it, hopely steam doesnt fail nomore so we can run it.

x
  6. Feb 18, 2011
  7. Dec 3, 2011
    Just be told by Luffaren that he tested it alone while steam was failing so much lol and he is explaining me couple things i need to recheck for less lagg etc..
    I will fix all this, i edit my topic and add a 'todo' list and i will contact Ray for a massa test with everybody who wants to

Or this still will be today i think not (thanks to steam :frown:) but i will try then for tomorrow, mayby i already fix some issues tonight so we have a cleaner version for tomorrow.
    Sorry for the waiting, all steams fault today!! :/

x