Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Map Testing Schedule [suggestion]

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by 911Trigger, May 30, 2012

1. Feb 9, 2012
    Hey, well this thread is mainly directed to @retslag1 i guess since he's mainly the one that deals with our maps being tested.

So recently i've been asked quite a few times (in ZE server) when we're gonna test new maps and such and i'd always have to tell them to ask retslag and whatnot. I know retslag starts map tests when he has time and nobody is expecting him to always be free to do these things.

So my suggestion: Perhaps maybe have a scheduled date on when you test maps? This way some people who love testing out new maps have an idea of when they can try out new maps cuz i sorta hate it when i miss out on testing new maps =/. This also organizes it a bit and Retslag can easily pick a date on when he does this. Of course this applies to all servers.
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Jul 19, 2011
      ive made a thread about the minas event and basically the roots "don't have time" and they just do this whenever they get on. i am 70% 80% sure that they will not make a date forcing retslag to come on and test maps.
    • Feb 9, 2012
      this is not meant to force a date on retslag, this would be up to him or anyone who does any map testing. This is just so people have an idea of when a map testing will occur since most times it's just out of the blue or we're given maybe an hour or 2's notice
    • Feb 21, 2007
      I do like this idea, but here is the dilemma: I am a general surgery resident, and as such, my schedule is never the same. I am on a different service each month, and my days can vary quite wildly even from day to day. Weekends, I am on call, usually one or two weekends a month (and when on call, you never know how ur day will go). The weekends I am not on call, sometimes I do nothing, other times I moonlight.

This is why my testing is so random, as I do it when it fits my schedule.If I had a time which I could guarantee I could test maps weekly or daily or w/e, then I would announce it. Really, the only thing I can usually promise is that I test maps in the evening hours of the day (EST time zone), as that is when I am off work (rarely do I test maps at 10 or 11am, for example).

So I have yet to come up with a good solution for your suggestion, 911.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      If you PM @Haplo he's pretty good about it.
    • Dec 7, 2010
      I think the way it is currently being handled by Retslag1 works fine. But that's just my opinion.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 9, 2012
        yeh of course, im not complaining at all about the way hes been handling the map testings nor am i demanding that he be organized about it. We all have our duties outside of cs:s (maybe some don't) so i only brought this up as a suggestion since i didn't know exactly what retslag's job demanded (already knew he was some sort of hospital worker) but just knowing that he's available during the evening is good as well, as we know what time he's available.

Also, I did not realize haplo does map testing as well. The only people i've seen who has started a map test has been Retslag and Kyle but im sure all roots/management are able to do so as well.
      • Jul 19, 2011
        Honestly, i'd rather not be on while retslag is testing maps. Most of the time the players end up just failing because nobody knows where to go. I'd rather not be interrupted when im in the middle of blowing bahamut's brains out. ehem @retslag1. No offense though xD, I would help test maps if the server was empty.

jsut a response to 911's post about how he likes testing maps.
      • Nov 11, 2011
        That is all I saw in your post you troll...
      • May 14, 2011
      • Feb 21, 2007
        This Saturday and next Saturday would work, but the following 3 Saturdays probably would not work....
      • May 14, 2011
        How about you pick 1 day a week at the beginning of every week (Sunday/Monday). And tell us the day you will be doing the tests for maps:

eg:

^just a suggestion
      • Feb 9, 2012
        yep. thanks. something liek this was just what i needed xD.