Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Map Vote timer shorter on ZM than ZE?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by BEB.Brad, Apr 8, 2014

1. Feb 8, 2014
    So I was on ZM (rare these days) and noticed that the entire map vote process took about 15-20 seconds. Which seemed very quick to me. Comparatively ZE map votes tend to take 30 seconds to 1 minute. Is this a Microsoft "working as intended" thing? Or did I simply come in at a time that the map vote process was very quick? And it wasn't just in my mind, other people commented on how quick it was as well.
  2. Nov 26, 2011
    It's because the Zombie Escape player base has the reading and comprehension ability of a rock, so they take a bit longer to at least TRY to make an educated vote. Therefore, the timer is extended so the players don't feel rushed and dumb.

Actually, I don't know. I just feel like 90% of the ZE playerbase has the IQ of a peanut (probably including me) from personal experience. Good luck finding an answer!
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Aug 7, 2012
      The ZE server loves you too, afamad :smile:
    • Feb 8, 2014
      If the ZE base can't even beat Hold Em, a map that is just a long hall with doors, it really goes to show its ability to play games. Not necessarily a correlation between IQ and failsauce though. And thanks for the good luck wishes!
    • Aug 12, 2012
      never played over at ZM, do they spam 1 over there too?
    • Oct 13, 2011
      All the time 111!!!oneone!!1
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Apr 3, 2013
        ZM doesn't have mako or minas fags tho. Also 20+ spectators on that afks
      • Feb 8, 2014
        I always RTV for Mako on ZM. They just tell me to F off.
      • May 31, 2012
        They spam 1 so much, they make it look like ZE never votes for 1 by comparison. First nom = almost guaranteed the map will be next; I scarcely see extends even if people are yelling on the mic "Extend extend! extend!! 1 extend! 7 777777777!!!"

ZE, at least the crowd can be influenced and I see extending very often. If a group really does *not* want to play a certain map, even if it's in slot 1 nomination, people will vote for something else... the anti-mako fags are pretty good at that and are worse than the mako fags lol.

[IMG]
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Apr 3, 2013
          You havennt seen convoy or fap yet ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
        • Sep 25, 2010
          It got extended due to the nature of ze. A lot of times votes pop up inconveniently such as during boss fights or other situations where paying attention to the vote will cost them.
        • Feb 8, 2014
          Makes sense. Alright, answers my question. Was just weird to be playing ZM and see a ridiculously fast map vote. Guess I'm used to taking a while to think about what map I want, hehe. Spoiled with ZE =p
        • Mar 29, 2012
          Actually i think the reading and comprehension ability of ze players is closer to a potato
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jun 11, 2012
            That's a insult to the potatoes of the world.
            • Agree Agree x 3
            • Nov 3, 2013
            • Feb 13, 2014
              People think about the map vote on ZE? I didn't know such a thing existed. Iwould consider switching just for this luxury. Too bad ZM is so much more fun.:giggle:
            • Apr 1, 2012
              [IMG]

ZE maps are more differentiated in terms of gameplay (some are easy as pie while others are just plain out enviolinador tier) compared to ZM where most maps is all about cading/camping/being a douche and ruin the humans' day. Probably because I was too spoiled when I was playing ZM back in 1.6 where shit was cash with all the jetpack bazooka, climbing zombie, fucking flamethrowers and a sawn off shotgun that deals 3000 damage per shot, nemesis, survivor + all that chaos and non-stop action.

that's why voting for ZE maps is longer because each map is different gameplay-wise and therefore people have to kind of discuss first (or spam the mic/chat) to choose a map whereas in ZM, it's mostly just ye know, pick any map coz it doesn't really matter, you just camp/cade/goomba farm.