Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Map Vote!

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Xombie, Oct 9, 2011

1. Sep 30, 2011
    Okay, when people are asked to vote for a map they are actually supposed to look and make a conscious decision on which map they would like to play next. Then the map with majority votes wins. Of course, we're asking to much from people when trying to do this.....
    Everyone is either lazy, or to simple minded to stop and look at the candidates for the vote.
    SO is it possible we could disable the #1 button as a selection, that way we don't have people 1 spamming the map votes?
    Or am I just crazy?
  2. Mar 25, 2011
    Been discussed dozens of times.
  3. Sep 30, 2011

I figured as much.
    We should really do it though, that way they have to stop and actually look at the list.
  4. Feb 18, 2011
    In due time.
  5. Sep 30, 2011

6. Jul 14, 2010
    People would just spam 2 then. The idea has been shot down many times as it wouldn't accomplish anything. There are many topics on this idea and more, but none were successful or worth trying.
  7. Sep 30, 2011
    Okay, so let the list of maps pop up but delay any voting for a good couple seconds. That way people can at least shout out a number over their mic or in chat for a half decent map.
  8. May 26, 2011
    ^^^^ This.
  9. May 11, 2011
    ye they spam the first number they see that has a map after if 1 was taken out
  10. Sep 30, 2011
    So you don't even think a delay from the time it pops up to the time they can actually vote would make a difference?
  11. May 11, 2011
    i do not see how that would stop spaming they would still vote 1
  12. Sep 30, 2011

Because I don't think they just spam one because that's all they know how to do. I think they just see it pop up and slam one to get it off the screen. I think if they had no choice but to look at it for a few seconds they would notice a map they like and possibly vote for that instead of just slamming the "1" key every vote.

Then again this is just me throwing in my two cents.
  13. May 11, 2011
    it might work but i think they would still hit 1 till it went away
  14. Sep 30, 2011
    That's why we test things, to see what works and what does not.
  15. Aug 18, 2006
    I think the best option would be to count 1 toward a random vote.
  16. Apr 2, 2011
    This ^
  17. Sep 30, 2011
    Technically 1 is already a random vote because they don't even look at the options. :\