Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Map votes

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Tony Montana, Aug 20, 2011

1. Jul 4, 2011
    I think it'd be a good idea to remove the 1-3 buttons when voting for a new map and make it 4-9, this way, people won't just spam '1' to get rid of the interface. Also, is it possible to make admins able to make a vote to extend a map (20 mins)?
  2. Sep 25, 2010
    They will spam options 4 and 5 just to get rid of the interface.
    I like the idea of extend vote, if it could be done so that it only proceeds to extending if 80 or 90% voted yes.

Edit :> make that 90% only it goes well. If server is full you'll need 45 out of 50 players to get 90% and will need a minimum of 11 players for this work. (10 out of 11 = approx 90%)
  3. Jun 23, 2010
    People are just gonna spam whatever button anyways. But I think It should show the map vote, but have a time limit before you can press any button, so it stays on the screen for a while.
  4. Jul 20, 2010
    I don't agree with the admin's being able to make extend votes to extend maps. I can already see this being abused. Also to note this topic was started because on Minas the majority of the players voted for a new map instead of extend and you along with a few players the minority wanted to keep playing and you even asked if I could extend it for you overruling the majority that wanted a new map. If anything maybe let LSA's have the option to extend but I'm sorry I see to many admins abusing the extend vote.
  5. Jul 4, 2011
    The reason why I asked if there was any chance of extending was because we had just reached the extreme levels on the map, taking 40 mintues altogether. There was one person on the mic, constantly whining about how bad the map was and that it needed to change, then as soon as the vote came up he told everyone NOT to extend (a person on the mic has great influential power). I could have done the same thing via the admin chat, telling everyone to extend but that'd be against the rules. I also doubt this could be abused (unless an admin constantly put up votes until everyone extends). If the majority of people really don't want to extend they could always just vote no.

Agreed.
  6. Jul 20, 2010
    Only problem I have is that I know how ze is and admins will cave into the few that want extends and use the map extend vote option. Since this will probably be an up or down vote like any vote there is gonna be spam. Not to mention we have 3 extends already on ze. How much more time do you need >.>. I see this turning into extending certain maps over and over and over again.
  7. Jul 4, 2011
    You're looking at it from the wrong point of view, I'm talking about this being used on maps where players want an extend, not because an admin wants to.
  8. Mar 11, 2011
    well fix the problem with one simple change change the 1 and 7 1 will extend and 7 is whatever the only problem that may happen is everyone spams one so we may never get new map lol
  9. Jul 20, 2010
    Like I said we have 3 extends already on ze. We honestly don't need more extends. It was 2 extends but that was moved up to 3 for the Minas contest. I'm not looking it from the wrong point of view, I'm looking at it from 1. an admin wants to extend that map because he and a few like playing it. 2. only a few maps will be extended to no ends using this option 3 extends is more than enough for ze hell 2 was enough. Also the whole 1 spam is complete bullshit because if that was true then why when extend is an option it gets around 70-85% of the votes. I honestly have never bought the whole 1 spam as a valid reason.
  10. Feb 20, 2011

"Extend the map for 20 Minutes?"

1._________
    2. Yes
    3. No

If if was laid out like this, people dont tend to vote for the blank, boring option as much, everytime I try to do a vote, the first option is blank, and only 2-3 people generally vote for it. Combined with making it need a 90% + majority for extending, it would be almost impossible to abuse?
  11. Jun 10, 2011
    http://plaguefest.com/index.php?/topic/7452-stopping-vote-spammers-when-it-comes-to-voting-time/

These should help answer the first part of your question :smile:
  12. Sep 25, 2010
    My idea iz best and kyle should make some magic!
  13. Feb 21, 2007

Voting should not change because:

1. there are enough extends on there, no one wants to play a map for 6 hrs

2. no matter what u get rid of, nubs will always spam the "first option", even if u make the votes 15-20....

As nez so kindly pointed out in her post, this has been discussed to death, and is now beating a dead horse
  14. Aug 10, 2011
    I see both points of view but I have to agree with Tony Montana because yesterday after we voted to extend Minas another admin started a map vote for a new map anyway, if admins are gonna abuse and do that why not give the ability to extend for the other admins in case that happens again.
  15. Apr 9, 2007
  16. Jun 19, 2011
  17. Jun 10, 2011
    Then you should have taken a screenshot of console when this happened and brought it to our forums to query it. We cannot help such claims if you do not provide evidence.
  18. Jul 20, 2010
    Also be nice if he could give us a time along with a screenshot.
  19. Apr 9, 2007
    I'd say, simply make a command that would allow everyone to type !extendmap or such, and if 90% of the people. (like RTV) vote it, then the map time gets extended by 20 minutes, simple, yet effective.