Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Mapdownload issues

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by -L-, Apr 25, 2014

1. Mar 20, 2012
    I just saw @Complexity post about css update:

So apparently latest CSS update only allows servers to have a file download of 64Mb or less to stop some "Unzip bomb".

It starts downloading but then when it reaches it limit(probably), it will say "missing map" .

I tested with mg_lt_glacier.bsp which is in rar 36MB and unpacked 85MB. And it didnt work.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Jan 30, 2013
      It still downloads. It will download the compressed first(bsp.bzp or bsp.bz2), then retry downloading the actual .bsp Did it for a couple servers on some +64mb maps all did the same thing. Will suck for those with low caps/slow speeds. Havent got a missing map notice yet lol.
      Edit/
      Is what I'll get now instead
      http://i2.minus.com/iIMr7XnkXEAak.jpg
      RedM00N, Apr 25, 2014 Last edited by RedM00N, Apr 25, 2014
    • May 31, 2012
      Probably the net_maxfilesize cvar has to do something with it since its default value is 64 16. Setting it to 256 or 512 would make-do, but most players probably won't...

Also, I'm talking out of my bum-bum-bum.

EDIT: My bum-bum-bum lied, the problem is that the max size is 64, I think? I seem to remember it was higher, though...
    • Mar 20, 2012
      I thought that too until I read this : net_maxfilesize only affects slow downloads via the Source Dedicated Server. Consider using a web server instead if possible, which allows much faster downloads. The cvar for this is sv_downloadurl.

I told somebody to download the map I mentioned with net_maxfilesize 128 but wasn't enough? didn't work anyway

I tried to download the map 3 or 4 times in a row...I dont know how you managed to download it
    • Jan 30, 2013
      It seems not every server works. GFL's ze and some randy server was fine, but others seem to present a missing map message. Perhaps we can only download the .bsp now, and why some servers work for downloading.
      Looking at GFL's fastdl they also have the .bsp's which may have been why it worked.
    • Nov 17, 2012
      Oh, on another Server (Dying2kill), we were holding an event. Map changed to Isengard (in which most people didn't have) and they couldn't download, we tried with a few other non-played maps and the same. We contacted the head and they said there was issues and 64mb was the cap or something.
    • May 31, 2012
      It seems they broke a few other things, too. I've been told people are getting errors like
      Code:
      CMaterial::DrawElements: No bound shader

in toaster, for example, and that the game is lagging a lot.
    • Mar 20, 2012

People got so excited about game_text ..It was so fishy all the time
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • May 31, 2012
      • Feb 27, 2012
        I noticed even on ZM yesterday that when a map came on, it was seeming like i was lagging by me not being able to hear voice chat and i somewhat teleported back, and i usually have a really good ping and connection. I was monitoring my connection and it seemed absolutely fine. Nothing downloading, and wasn't reaching my peak speeds. But whenever i flew out of the map a ways, the lag would disappear. Not sure if this is the same issue or even related, but this is what i experienced yesterday (map was zm_skyrail_2010_b1) the next and previous map were completely fine and i experienced no issues.
      • Mar 30, 2013

h4sard told me, that in fact, you download a .bsp with the .bz2 size.

He downloaded ze_inboxed_v1_2_2.bsp instead of the .bz2.
        The .bsp was 50 mb which is the size of the bz2. So the version was different from the server, and he got the error message.

If you don't delete the map you got problem with, you will always have the problem (even if Valve fix the bug)
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Couldn't CRC usually is the error you get if your map is corrupt. When i corrupt 90% of the data on my hard drive by being an idiot, a lot of my maps gave this error, so i had to redownload them.
      • Mar 16, 2008
        An update has been pushed to resolve this issue.
        • Informative Informative x 2
        • Like Like x 1
        • Nov 17, 2012
          Hmm, maybe it wasn't much of an issue with you guys.

I'm pretty sure the server that was having problems is the Australian one as they have to keep sizes low as we have shitty Internet speeds. Hence most of the files were probably zipped.
        • Mar 16, 2008
          The update they pushed yesterday caused that on four games. All of which were patched today to fix the issue.
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Apr 20, 2011
            valve want to you to stop playing css so you play csgo
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Aug 7, 2012
              We're still very invested in CS:S :smile:
            • Sep 25, 2013
              Heard about this today, thought I was being trolled, happy as hell that they fixed it
            • Nov 17, 2012
              If DayZ could get a standalone, I think ZE should too :3
              Too late though possibly :3
            • Mar 30, 2013