Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Mappers Group

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by Kosuki, Apr 24, 2012

1. Apr 14, 2011
    How would everyone feel if their was a mappers group on steam.
    This group would be a place for all PF mappers to join and for aspiring mappers to contact people for help if they are willling to help. Mainly it would be a group for pf mappers to stay connected on steam and to find a fellow mapper faster then browsing the site.
    My proposed tag would be [pF M]

Feel free to submit your opinion!
  2. Apr 9, 2007
  3. Feb 12, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feb 12, 2012
      most people would get that confused with pF moderator since other communities would use something like SG:M for steam gamers mod.
      • Informative Informative x 3
      • Oct 24, 2011
      • Apr 14, 2011
        I dont think we have a pf moderator tag we have the pf community tag and the admin tag [pF] is the admin tag so having even [pF-M] I think we need something to distinguish the mappers group while in game, mappers are a valuable part of the community. Also if lets say a map that's being tested or played and there is a question on regards to mapping in-comparison to the map the people in the server would know who to ask ^^
      • May 15, 2011
        <pF> or >pF< or .: pF :. or something like that, I mean we have [pF] and =pF=. Those don't have a third letter, so why break the theme.

Edit: I need something to disable smilies, they get in the way sometimes.
      • May 14, 2011
        Let me know what you guys decide and ill change it in the morning. I would prefer a mapper tag to admin tags for my clan tag and then have my admin tag behind it. Dunno.

for now its : pF Mapping
      • Apr 14, 2011
        Some cool options I like are «pF» <pF> :razz:F: /pF\
        None the less final option comes from management.
      • May 14, 2011
        I made this group but I wouldn't like to think I am manager, everyone has a say, everyone who joins can do almost everything in the group and are promoted to admin straight away. I am just the founder. I will just take what you guys decide on. I personally like the >pF< tag.
      • Jun 4, 2006
        I don't like any tags using [ ] as that's admin only. Anything else is whatever in my book.

code tags fool.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Apr 9, 2007
        • May 14, 2011
          That just makes mappers look confused. It would be nice if we could decide on one, then in the thing on the mg server that says "admins have the [pF] tag but you can wear the =pF= tag" you could add "mappers have the >pF< tag." You get my drift. Ill change it to >pF< for now. If anyone has other suggestions just post it here and if it gets enough likes or something ill change it.

EDIT: >pf< is either taken or dissallowed its .: pF:. for now.

EDIT2: I've also opened the group so anyone can join. If your not a mapper/management you will be asked why you joined and if your reason is bad you will be banned until further notice.
          Ghost, Apr 25, 2012 Last edited by Ghost1995, Apr 25, 2012
        • Apr 9, 2007
          • Like Like x 1
          • Jun 4, 2006
            what makes you think we're integrating this shit into our servers/community? This was just a group on steam for you all to bitch at each other. :thinking:
          • May 14, 2011
            Nothing but i thought that if we have a mapper status on the server a tag would come nicely with it. No need to call it shit or anything, it was just a suggestion.:frown:
          • Jun 4, 2006
            Well a tag is fine, but that's on you. We're not going to add adverts about it.
            Don't believe I did but alright.
          • May 14, 2011