Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Mapping for ZE

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Dark_Gunner, Apr 28, 2013

1. Apr 28, 2013
    I had this idea for a long while but.. im not sure i can do it by myself or its good or bad... but here's my idea!
    Have the setting at Disney Land... and they run around disney land threw the rides etc... and in the end they battle the boss which will be mickey mouse (Heretic Gave that boss idea[ty])... soooo im curious for your input on this idea of mapping this? :thinking: maybe some more things i could add to it!
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Apr 12, 2012
      Sounds awesome, but sounds like a lot of work. You'd have different texture sets for each ride, and you'd probably have to choose rides without a lot of moving parts/cars.

It would be cool if you could do it as an 'open world' concept - have each ride be a different level, and let CTs choose the order to beat them in.
      • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      • Jul 23, 2012
        Pretty much hit the nail on the head. The textures would either be custom or imported from something else. The moving parts would probably only be used per level.
        The spawn point could possibly be the entrance to Disneyland/Disneyworld and the first person into the ticket booth could decide what level they start on kind of like on ze_gameshow.

Wow this actually sounds like a fun idea.
        • Like Like x 2
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Jul 8, 2012

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
        • May 15, 2011
          You're not the first to come up with this idea as other mappers are also working on such a project elsewhere. My only problem with trying to create such a place in CS:S is that, 1: People have had legal action taken against them for creating real world places in the game, which is ridiculous I know. - Source, and 2: if you're going for Disneyland and not some random no-name amusement park, you're really going to need authenticity so people will really know that it's Disneyland, which means precise models and proper textures for walkways, roads, rides, stores, etc.

The idea is great, but their is a lot of work that needs to go into such a thing. I think it would be better to just make a random theme park, add some Disney bosses and leave it with that.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
            Dirtbag, Apr 29, 2013 Last edited by Dirtbag, Apr 29, 2013
          • Apr 9, 2012
            Rides like that would be easy to create in Sketchup, though recreating anything from Disney would be out of the question for me, since I have never been there. Also, I wanted to mention the legal action thing but Turdbag did it already. I have know a mapper tha rebuilded his school, and he was been contacted by the police for terrorist actions :S ofc that was not his intention, but they do go so far.

EDIT: Lol funny, didn't saw baggy his links, seems like it was the school incident anyways
          • Jun 11, 2012
            Something like this happened in 2008 where a kid based a map of his school for CSS and parents of other kids freaked out. But it really went overboard when someone suggested that a demented person could use it as a practice ground for someone to come in the school and start shooting (while knowing first hand how to navigate the school). He got suspended but the sheriff then search his house and found a hammer which they arrested him because they classified it as a "evil" hammer...No lie, I am serious.[/quote]
          • Apr 12, 2012
            A judge issued a warrant because a kid made a counter strike map? The fuck??
          • May 15, 2011
            This isn't the only time. It has happened twice, once a school, the other a metro station.

Both accounts are ridiculous and nothing has ever happened in either real life location because of the maps. But if you do want to make a Disney Land map, be wary you will have bullshit coming your way, and at a hefty price I might add.
          • Mar 30, 2013
            They can consider that like a test before a terrorist attack :frown:
          • Apr 28, 2013
            Hmmm Scratch that idea.. i suppose Hmmmm... my 2nd idea was a Hotel Setting :razz: like that one in l4d2 0.o though..the hotel will collaspe and well the hotel wont be like the exact from l4d2! ... just thinking idea's to map! ... thanks Dirtbag for mentioning that issue!...
            2nd Idea= Players crash land into a hotel... and they try to get out of the hotel... and the 1st part they get out of the hotel... 2nd part is them running in the subway/sewer tunnels ... 3rd is the zombie boss(Maybe the CT ran into the boss while in the subway or sewer...) what you think?
            i hope this 2nd idea won't have any legal issues 0.o is there?
          • Jun 11, 2012

You might be in luck in terms of copyright materials
          • Mar 30, 2013
            Imagine, if this map (http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/173993) was publish, some day before the terrorist act. I think the mapper could have some big problem.