Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Maps don't want to load...

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by ZombiePStar, Jun 18, 2011

1. Jun 18, 2011
    Every time I try to connect to a game / the game switches over to the maps Biohazard, Mako, and few other ones, the maps wont load.
    Can anybody tell me what I need to do?
  2. Jun 4, 2006
    Legit steam or non-steam? What do you mean by won't load? Do you not have the maps and the Fast DL cuts out? Do you have the maps and when they load your CSS crashes? Mac or Windows? Need more info...
  3. Jun 18, 2011
    Legit Steam. Mac. And I dont know what you mean by Fast DL cut outs. No my CSS doesn't crash, it simply says disconnecting whenever it tries to load those maps.
  4. Jun 4, 2006
    It seems to be a common problem for Mac clients where they can't download maps that are over a certain size. I personally don't know of any fixes as I'm on Windows, your best bet is probably to download the maps manually and add them to your cstrike/maps directory.

Get this map pack: http://plaguefest.com/index.php?/topic/6607-zombie-escape-mappack-5282011/
  5. Apr 17, 2011
    Have you tried rebooting CSS or reconnecting? It sometimes happens to me like I joined in a server which has a map on, when Im still loading, the map changes to a different one making me load more longer and sometimes crashes but I dont know about your case.
  6. Feb 1, 2011
    I am on a Mac as well, and I am sorry to inform you that there is no fix for this extremely annoying problem. If the map is over ~35 megabytes, you will get an incorrect .bsp version and the map will fail to CRC. You need to go to gamebanana (or any other online resource) and manually download the maps and add them to your cstrike folder. Or you can ask a friend who has the map to send it to you. If you're having trouble finding your cstrike folder on a Mac, I can help you out there. Just let me know.
  7. Aug 18, 2006
  8. May 7, 2011
    Wow are you serious.... Mac is the problem? -.-x
    i just noticed all the maps that ends with bz2 i cant connect to
  9. Jun 18, 2011
    Thank you all. I will post if I have anymore problems.