Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Maps on servers

Discussion in Help Desk started by DopeScope, Mar 13, 2012

1. Jul 19, 2011
    Is there anyway I can see all maps on the servers without going in-game? I am not sure if there is a subforum with the whole maplist on it, but i remember seeing one on the old forums.
  2. Feb 14, 2012
    At the top of the donation forum (near the bottom) Brian keeps an entire downloadable package of every map on the server. That is the closest I have found.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feb 21, 2007
      you are looking for a list of the maps or the actual maps?
    • Jun 4, 2006
      why do you want to know the maplist? just curious.
    • Jul 19, 2011
      i just wanted to know what maps are on teh servers lol
    • Jun 4, 2006
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jan 12, 2011
        Not that Dopescope would be able to use this, but knowing all maps on all servers would be useful for the @map command. Maybe if I'm bored later I might start typing up a list, if only for myself. :cute:
      • Jun 4, 2006
        the @map command is rarely ever used, and if it is it isn't because someone wants to check a list of maps we have and then decide 'oh hey this one sounds neat lets go there' - doesn't happen. We rely on rtv and map votes. I would fear that by supplying a list we'd be supporting this sort of shit. At any rate I could probably edit the perl script that packages up our map packs and have it include the maplist.txt as a separate DL, but I'll have to run out of other shit to do first before I go off tackling something as miniscule as this. Also not keen on sharing our map lists in general... :thinking:
      • Jul 19, 2011
      • Jun 4, 2006
      • Jul 28, 2011
        No need to type up a list, just type listmaps in console, copy and paste into notepad. Am I missing something here? :question:
      • Jun 4, 2006
        no but he did say he didn't want to have to go in-game...
      • Jan 12, 2011
        I wouldn't mean to just change maps at will on any of the servers. That's obviously not the intended use for @map and I know that rtv's are the way to go, but I just meant for admin use when we're bored on the Training server. As you said it is of very limited use, so it's not a biggy. And you're probably right, we don't want to encourage @map use more than its current infrequent use (at best). :razz:
      • Jun 4, 2006
        I can see its use for training when people want to fuck around, but you'll be limited to whatever maps are on mg/gg. The maps we play on training aren't listed anywhere... (dolls for example). People can just do as grudge said, if you want the map cycle for whatever reason, go in-game and listmaps after connecting.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Jan 12, 2011
          Alrighty! I didn't know about the "listmaps" thing, so I'll be sure to try it out later. Thanks Brian/Grudge!
        • Jul 19, 2011