Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Maps with too few spawns

Discussion in CS:S Custom Maps started by Seeker, Jul 26, 2012

1. Jan 21, 2011
    I figured I'd start a thread about this since there are so many maps with less that 48 spawns. Can we remove these maps and make more spawns or come up with some way for people to play when the server is full?
    I'll update this post as I find more maps with less than 48 spawns.

warmcup headshot - 40 spawns
    roflcopter - 28 spawns
    big city - 34 spawns
    Seeker, Jul 26, 2012 Last edited by Seeker, Jul 26, 2012
  2. Oct 17, 2011
    I can decompile the map and just add spawns and not touch anything at all in the map instead of losing other maps.I don't think you do need permission for that since the map is not being edited and only spawns are added.
    Edit: I'll take a,look at these maps if you guys allow me tomorrow and add spawns and for that copter map, I'll also add more copters for each spawn.
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    Decompiling maps usually ends up with the removal of areaportals, ladders, etc. Your zm_desert_fortress decompiled map that is on rotation has every ladder broken so just be wary when you decompile any other maps. Feel free to add more spawn points but as always, it'll have to be retested to make sure nothing breaks during the process.
  4. Jul 14, 2010
  5. Oct 17, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
    • May 12, 2012
      goldeneye also has 40 spawns
    • May 14, 2011
      Like I said, this can be fixed with a plugin or edit the server cfg somehow. New maps with too little spawns will always be released. Theres no use just editing the spawns in.
    • Jul 4, 2011
      I'll have to agree with Ghost, looks like the best solution. I'm pretty sure I saw people spawning in eachother before the server update, meaning there were more players than spawnpoints.
    • Mar 12, 2008

Had 18+ people in spec. was not pretty. Was this valve's doing Breaking our shit?
    • Feb 21, 2007
      would be easier if posts were made in the map suggestion thread, as that is the only thread i regularly check for maps, and it makes it easier to search only one thread to find out of maps were added or removed....

and it seems quite a few maps are under the 48 person spawn requirement. Might be best to remove a few, edit them, and add them back. Rather than removed 30 maps, and leave 7 maps in rotation (numbers not accurate)
    • Apr 9, 2012
      I do not understand why spawns are actually entities... Both server and client do not have to keep having track of where they are right? Once placed inside a map they will always stay there! Strange, I just don't understand it. I hate it to waste 64 entities solely on spawns but it's the way it is and not else. I'll have 64 spawns anyways