Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Marriage

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Grape, Dec 18, 2014

1. Oct 24, 2013
    So I'm getting married sometime this year in the upcoming months. We haven't decided when exactly, BUT we will probably end up doing two marriages. One will be here in America that will most likely be cheap but our true ceremony will most likely be on this beautiful island outside of her home town. It's a church on Lake Bled, which is a very famous destination for many people in Europe, especially for marriages. I'm lucky enough that her parents are fairly well off and will most likely take care of everything on that side of the Ocean, especially if we move there.

Anyways I wanted to show pictures of this amazing place because it's probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen.
    Anybody else here getting married or been married have some input on that kind of stuff?
    (Scroll past this silly wall of words for the cool pics)

I feel pretty lucky I found her because we are able to have realistic conversations about life. We don't have false ideas of romanticized love or a life time of monogamy. She has an incredible mind, that earned her a masters in anthropology, a masters in business marketing, speaks six languages, likes to explore abandoned houses, listens to all my music, and thinks girls who need doors opened for them are weak and pathetic. One of her favorite things to do is yoga and meditation, which make her so much more level headed and grounds me when I get too manic.

Another thing about her is she has done anthropological studies that have given her the opportunity to travel to five of the seven continents. The amazing people she has met and the people she's helped or worked with make amazing stories. On top of all of this she's constantly keeping herself fit and eats like somebody from a health magazine.
    I don't know how she's managed to do so many things but I find her very inspiring and I'm very glad to have met her. I've never met somebody who I can talk to and agree about almost everything. Like I said we both think Barbie and Ken dream house life is silly, so we'll be free to live our lives unencumbered by boring cubicle jobs and snot nosed kids. We've even talked about how marriage is a silly ritual that some people think will change their relationship, bringing them closer, and we both agreed that this wont change our feelings towards each other BUT will make our lives a lot easier. I think the main reason we want to get married is because we've both been in a long term relationship before with our first loves that failed, we learned so much from being with somebody for so long and have it crush us.

We click so well because we've both come to be very familiar with what's acceptable and learned from past mistakes. We both know the key to relationships is talking and for the first time we both have found in each other someone who can be told anything to the other without judgement. I believe the conversation that brought us to the conclusion of marriage is when we both agreed if you are in a bond with someone you should try everything no matter what to make it work and that if we got married it wouldn't change anything, only benefit our living together. What good is a relationship without it being fully thought out? All the marriages that end are people who gave up on somebody they once loved enough to say they'll be with them forever no matter what. We fight occasionally but we're strong enough to follow the rule of never going to bed mad at your spouse.

The biggest things that break up marriages are sexual frustration and money. We are lucky enough to be from backgrounds where we didn't start with a lot so we can strive in dire straights and we both have an affinity for women. It's a huge strength towards a relationship knowing and thinking sex is just sex, and that trying to fight human nature is futile. If you truly love someone you appreciate them for the time they spend with you, romantic hallmark card lives don't exist. That kind of thinking only hurts a relationship and sets a precedent for a self fulfilling prophecy of resentment and dishonesty. I know this sounds like I'm bragging but honestly I feel like I've never met somebody more perfect(for me).
    A girl who can financially support herself in almost any country, likes other girls, and laughs at the idea of having kids that will spoil your life's goals turning good people into the bad parents who try to live vicariously through their children. I've spent most of my life knowing or at least believing there is no afterlife, no god, and love is really just a chemical similar to cocaine, but what makes me continue in life is that fact that maybe there are things that are magic, not believing in magic but having a hope that something about being alive is definitely infinitely wondrous. That's partially why I've struggled in life between being a science major or an artist. Now I've found somebody I agree with about most things and what we don't agree on we talk about.

The most important thing I ever learned about committing yourself to another person is that not talking causes resentment and distrust, no matter how vile or horrible we think something we've done or said is, we can have a mature logical conversation on how we got to that point. Any problem you ever have with your girlfriend or boyfriend can be resolved if you remember people are only a product of their environment and act accordingly. Her and I both have problems with anxiety. It's possible that the stress of constantly juggling an idea in your head is worse than anything that actually happens because you're thinking the worst possible outcome so no matter what it can only be as bad or typically in most cases not as bad as whatever you've imagined will happen. Logically this gives us both reason to not worry since we always know deep down the worst somebody can do in this society is cheat or be dishonest. I think the both of us have been so observant of both our parent's marital issues, as well as our own failed relations, or why other people separate that I'm not sure there is a single thing either of us could do that would make us lose faith in each other because of how honest we are towards another. If one of us wants something or has an opinion it's the other's duty to either see it happens or explain why they feel it shouldn't with logical arguments not silly ideals of a perfect marriage they get fed through TV or institutions.:heart:

Here is a picture of us at my mom's vacation house on a river.:heart:
    [IMG]

Pictures of our future marriage site.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

and inside
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Feb 8, 2013
      Congratulations! Go when the season is foggy, it looks so gorgeous when it is. So magical.
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Feb 2, 2014
        She seems to be an amazing person. Congrats Grape.
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Jan 5, 2012
          Congratulations Grape! Also nice marriage site! Good luck!
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Oct 25, 2012
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • May 31, 2012
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • Oct 24, 2013
                Thanks a lot for the outpouring of so much support! I didn't expect anybody to care lol.
                I'm glad you guys agree about how great of a person she is, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy. lol.
                :dance:
              • Oct 29, 2010
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Oct 24, 2013
                • Feb 21, 2007
                  wow nice place.surely you can't expect most people from here to be able to travel there for that part of the wedding? I'd imagine its expensive and quite time consuming (flying, then cab/train, then boat).
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Friendly Friendly x 1
                  • Dec 9, 2013
                    • Friendly Friendly x 1
                    • Dec 27, 2012
                      Not even joking, that's the island my Dad and step-mother married. Congratulations Grape and best of luck to you and your soulmate!
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Friendly Friendly x 1
                      • Oct 10, 2014
                        Congrats man. The place looks amazing. Wish you guys the best.
                        • Friendly Friendly x 1
                        • Jan 5, 2014
                          Wish you both the best! :beer: Наздраве!
                          • Friendly Friendly x 1
                          • Jul 8, 2012
                          • Feb 2, 2014

I remember. Only four months ago.. It must have been love at first sight, or something, I guess.. :cute: Life is full of surprises.
                            • Informative Informative x 1
                            • Friendly Friendly x 1
                            • Oct 24, 2013
                              Definitely was. We both came from previously horrendous relationships and were so tired of being in abusive relationships that we instantly put everything bad about ourselves on the table and decided we were meant to be. Ill thank you guys later more in depth, im currently at work.
                              • Like Like x 2
                              • Friendly Friendly x 1
                              • Feb 8, 2013
                                I just noticed your right hand is missing. Probably a ghost hand.
                                • Funny Funny x 1
                                • May 17, 2014
                                  • Friendly Friendly x 1
                                  • May 27, 2008
                                    English must not be one of the six languages she speaks. Congrats!
                                    • Agree Agree x 1
                                    • Funny Funny x 1