Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Mat_colorcorrection 1 broke my game

Discussion in Help Desk started by Coitus Interruptus, Apr 3, 2012

1. Apr 3, 2012
    As the title predator had just won the rtv vote, map switches and I enter that command into console as I've done many times before with no problem. My entire screen and I mean absolutely everything turns into a black and purple checker board. Even the main screen when not connected to server is a checker board. Cannot see "find server, create server, quit" but I can hear the clicking as my mouse hovers over. I can connect to the server through console and hear everybody and everything. I have restarted css couple times no changes. I have tried going into the server and doing "mat_colorcorrection 0" blindly and nothing happened. Need desperate help from those who have encountered this problem before.
  2. Apr 9, 2007
    Clear your configs...
  3. Apr 3, 2012
    Nope nothing happened
  4. Feb 9, 2012
    well i can really only think of 2 things left to do. you can verify your cache again, or reinstall cs:s.
  5. Apr 3, 2012
    Just did the verify cache after deleting the entire css folder and that didn't help so I'm reinstalling now
    edit: let me clarify, I did the verify cache first and didn't work so then I deleted the folder and redid the verify but still didn't work.
  6. Apr 3, 2012
    reinstall was a complete fail
  7. Feb 9, 2012
    now it seems to me like this may be a graphic card problem. not sure what else to do tho as i have not much knowledge of this.
  8. Mar 18, 2012
    try changing ur dxlevel to like 81
  9. Apr 3, 2012
    Will try the dxlevel change, it's weird cause it will load normally with the two dudes with guns and as soon as it finished loading it jumps to checkerboard. I can shift tab and it will be normal overlay over the checkerboard. What I'm pretty certain is some of my files are corrupt and reinstalling wont delete those files/folders unless I manually delete them and I was certain I did prior to a full re-installation. So I guess my last option is to completely redo everything.
  10. Apr 3, 2012
    Alright I have fixed it I basically went through every steam folder and deleted everything that had to do css so thanks for the help!
  11. Oct 6, 2012
    Hi I am Lulu. I have exaclty the same problem. I was on mako reactor and i type on my console "mat_colorcorrection 0" and now when i start css my screen is pink/purle and black. I uninstall and reinstall and nothing work :s. What can i do? (i hope you undersand what i mean cuz i am french and my english is bad).
  12. Apr 20, 2011
    If you open css and you see the menu open console and put mat_colorcorrection 0 (that maybe work if you see the menu after you open css)
  13. May 14, 2011
    That means you have a texture missing. Maybe the color correction filter is what you are seeing instead of the background.

No idea how to fix if though if re-installing doesnt help.

Maybe your syncing your settings back from steam cloud after re-installing?
  14. Mar 30, 2012
    This problem keeps happening, because the game loads your configs from the cloud. Even if you disable the cloud from the options.
    You have to.. SHUT. DOWN. EVERYTHING.
    Here's what mine looked like;
  15. May 14, 2011
    BenQ; I approve.

Why don't you disconnect your pc from the internet while installing?
  16. Mar 30, 2012
    Doesn't work, Steam saves your configs in the configs folder, cloud folder on your computer for offline AND in the steam cloud itself.
    It took me a week to figure out how to properly destroy the configs i had in the cloud.

Heh, first i uninstalled CS:S. Didn't work. Then i unistalled Steam and all my games, destroying all registry traces and local files. Reinstalled, didn't work.

I even reinstalled my Operating System and it still happened after that. It's a HUGE pain.

Has to do something with custom models, GUI's, etc.
  17. May 14, 2011
  18. Apr 9, 2012
    Lol you could use the screen to play chess
  19. Mar 30, 2012