Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Mechanical Keyboards

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by sajak, Jul 24, 2013

1. Nov 11, 2011
    Looking for a good mechanical keyboard, budget of around ~$200. I've looked at a couple such as DAS and Filco German brands who bulk buy their mechanical switches so they are top notch quality. But... I'm looking for a keyboard that has backlighting because that shit looks nice. I was planning on getting the Corsair Vengeance K70, it has received great reviews across the board:

[IMG]

[IMG]

I want to stay away from the Razer product line for the moment... Don't want to touch that crap. Anyone have any suggestions before I pull the trigger on the K70?
  2. Jun 23, 2010
    Corsair K90. I love mines, since its Bluuueeeeee
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Nov 11, 2011
      That MMO keyboard I already looked at. Not bad, but I don't have the desk space for those extra macro keys. Plus it's blue. :razz:
    • Dec 30, 2006
      Send me one and I'll let you take quitinger's position.

Edit: I can't write sentences.
    • Jul 1, 2010
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Bribes don't work with me! PM your address.

Damn it Dharkk! No Razer. I love their mice, they are awesome. But their keyboards have way too many issues. :neutral: How long have you owned yours?
      • May 27, 2012
        • Nov 11, 2011
          Yes! I saw this one and the XT ones as well. Red switches are nice but I prefer brown/black. I might actually still go with this one. I want the one with the numpad, believe it is the pro. Thanks! :grin:

OH WAIT, there are brown switch versions. Oh shit.
        • Dec 30, 2006
          Yeah I'm not going to give you my address. Just send it over to Josh's addy and Ill pick it up. Kthx.
        • Jul 1, 2010
          Uhm, almost 3 months.. its been absolutely flawless. A lot of people have rated it very well too.
        • Feb 11, 2013
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Apr 3, 2013
            Qpad-MK80 is the keyboard i use, it's around 200$ and it's purtty gud. It has blue backlight of doom and there's nothing bad about it.
          • May 27, 2012
            I loved mine. Then after a week, "." broke. Then "/". Then "w". Then "q". So on, ended with 10 hardly working keys. :<
          • May 15, 2011
            +1 for the K90, it's freaking comfortable and responsive as balls. I haven't been this in love with a keyboard since the old IBM's one. Since the K70 is the lower version one, only difference I see is the missing of the G keys. Trust me, it's a wonderful product...And robust, don't ask why and how.
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Jul 8, 2012

Sent from my SCH-R970U using Tapatalk 4 Beta
            • Nov 29, 2010
              I'm not gonna lie though, Razor's black widow keyboard is pretty solid. I'm using a Corsair K90 myself however
            • May 14, 2011
            • Jun 23, 2010
              You can also take a look at the Ducky Shine 3.
            • Nov 11, 2011
              My last encounter with Josh still gives me nightmares. Not giving him my address, no sir-eee.

Dharkk, this is the major complaint. It works great for several months and then one key after another starts becoming unresponsive. I don't want to take that chance :\

Their mice weren't that great, and the keyboard is way too over the top. So many modular pieces, I'll be surprised if it lasts 6 months :razz:

The Corsair K series has a great aluminum chassis and is rigid. There are too many complaints about the Widow breaking down after a time period of usage. Don't want to take a chance.

So far, I'm really convinced at getting the Corsaid K70, it seems perfect. And @Skiptron Ducky Shine 3... I've never heard of them and I can't find a reputable dealer that I can purchase it from... or look at reviews on its performance. :shutmouth: