Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Media Madhouse Posts

Discussion in Entertainment started by M_Infantry, Jun 20, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 6, 2011
    "Uhm.. If you're just going to make threads to broadcast two youtube videos, you're better off finding the Youtube Lulz thread and post in it. If it stops you from making fifteen fucking threads a day about videos, I'm ok with you bumping it."

Peter, I didn't make 15 posts about videos a day.

I made the "Its an asian thing" yesterday, you can chk the time,

Then I make this "Dedicated to Green Tea" today,

I don't mind linking these two posts together, if you felt like it is too much, under title "Youtube LOL" something like that.

But, if at all possible, please do not say something that isn't true. Also, all my replies were regarding to each of the thread that they were about. Also, I haven't started any Trend posting from this. If we aren't allowed to post something fun under this category of "MEDIA MADHOUSE" for everyone to share, then we should make the Section clear.

http://plaguefest.com/index.php?/topic/7022-its-an-asian-thing/

http://plaguefest.com/index.php?/topic/7036-dedictated-to-green-tea/page__pid__82046#entry82046
  2. Apr 13, 2011

M_infantry, I don't know if you realize this... but your posts can be considered spam by some people.

Before you post in the future keep the following in mind:

1) What is your purpose in making this thread?
    2) Will more than one person be able to respond to this thread and add value?
    3) Is there already an existing thread that is related to the subject at hand?

For the most part, your posts are good. It's just people don't appreciate when you post too much. Try to slow down a little.
  3. May 6, 2011
    I appreciate your input I can and advise, however, the Media Madhouse had previous history of posting threads, that were meant to be fun and sociable among all memebers of the forum.

I mean, so threads like this applies to all the points you mentioned? Such as the ones from "Introduction" a lot more than my posts in this section. I mean why shouldn't we put all introduction into one thread? I mean most of the replies are welcome, silly jokes and etc. But, I feel they are decent posts, people greeting with warm welcome to new members, or returning members/Admins. The purpose of my thread under this section, was so people can share in the fun/lol I had from the video.

Of course there are people who would be taking advantage of spam posting indeed. But, that was not the purpose of my posts, I truly wanted fellow members to share in my fun.

Anyways, I get your point.

Thank You.
  4. Apr 9, 2007
    Why was a separate topic created for this if:

1.) The content doesn't fit the section.
    2.) See 1.
  5. Jan 21, 2011
    M Infantry just doesnt know proper forum etiquette. LEARN FAST.
  6. May 16, 2011
    Is there really a need to post useless topics / posts in the forums?
  7. Nov 2, 2010
    Peter was talking metaphorically dude, I ain't gonna rage at you, i'll keep that for later.. But for now listern to Kyle I can has and Peter cause they know much more than you do. Sorry gotta come clean with this. Learn the english language then you can understand Peter :grin:
  8. May 6, 2011

Your post is so productive as well.
  9. Jan 21, 2011
    Can we get a lock on this before it gets out of hand?
  10. Oct 27, 2010
    I have to say that I have notice a great deal of animosity on the forums lately... and i have to say that this animosity seem more detrimental to the forum quality and the greater community then the treads under discussion.

I can understand that the forums moderators, administrators, and and the majority of the community don't want to see this forum turned into an imageboard, time has show that such endeavours degrade exponentially with time and produce a rather poor community. However I also believe that all of these people would like to see the forum community grow. I think a product of that growth is a greater number of threads of varying qualities, functions, and relative values differing parties. There will undeniably exist threads that are "spam" and these threads will need to be regulated and removed.

I have to say I don't quite get why either of these two previous thread topics are considered spam. Perhaps there are some technological limitation that exist in the current forum site which prevent a large number of new threads from being viable. Perhaps the forums primary and nearly sole function is to function as a discussion board for the CS servers (I personally feel that this would be a mistake). Perhaps the LSA's feel that many of the new members of the community are making post for the sole purpose of getting a promotion (I don't think this is the case, I could be wrong, but I really think that these are just individuals trying to express themselves in a new, yet well established, community). I imagine, above all things, that there is a great deal I don't understand about any of this.

I think that the forums need to be a little more open then they are in currently, and I think we should all, myself include, try to be a little less <_< and a bit more :teehee: for the sake of developing a :biggrin: community.

EDIT:

I geuss I'm the asshole :confused:
  11. Jan 21, 2011
    Not at all. I just didn't want it to turn into a flame war as has been common lately. I think the problem here comes from there being a thread for posting funny youtube videos already, so that makes individual threads for each new video repetitive.
  12. May 6, 2011

But, I don't want to continue a pissing match also.

Please someone help lock this.

Thx.
  13. Jun 4, 2006
    :locked:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.