Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Mega Mappers Contest

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by ::1/128, Jul 10, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 27, 2010

THE MEGA MAPPERS CONTEST!

CONTEST DATE: 7/10/2011 - 12:00 A.M EST 9/1/2011

TOP PRIZE:
                                       ONE YEAR ADMIN
                                                                or
                                       $100 GIFT CARD

RULES:

1. Everyone who makes a map and has it added to the map list on ZM, ZM2, ZMP, ZE, ZE2, or MG is eligible for this contest. (GG is excluded from this contest) NOTE: All mappers who wish to have a claim to a prize (i.e. many people working on one map) must make a post in this thread by the end of this contest stating their involvement with the map.

2. Mappers may submit as many maps as they would like for the contest.

3. The winner (and possible runners-up) will be chosen via a public vote following the contests completion date. Depending on the number of entries this may be a two round voting session to first choose finalist and then the winner. In any case the winner will be chosen by popular decision. NOTE: Any evidence of vote spamming/tampering will result in disqualification for that MAPPER entirely, from this contest and any future contests.

4. All maps submitted must be NEW in the time period of the contest (i.e. minas_tirath_v2 would not be eligible, UNLESS it is almost a complete rebuild of that map) NOTE: Maps that are in development but have not been released yet are eligible; maps must adhear to all rules stipulated.

5. Maps submitted to the contest should embody the Plague Fest spirit must conform to all Plague Fest map requirements (64 spawns, decent filesize, etc).

6. All maps will be reviewed for eligibility. Maps can be refused for any reason; Even if the reason is not yet stipulated in the rules (This is a new contest, things may need to be adjusted).

7. Any winning maps that are a product of a group effort will have any subsequent prize divided and distributed equally among the participants (i.e. 2 mappers, 1 map = 2 x 6 month free admin). NOTE: I'm not too sure how this will work with runner-ups, we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

8. Any winners will be bound to all Plague Fest rules of conduct. If you abuse your admin, you will lose it.

9. All maps that are to be in this contest must submit themselves in this topic using the following form:

MAPPER:                    (mappers name here)
                        MAP SUBMISSION #: (001 for you first map submission then 002 for you second ect.)
                        MAP:                           (map name here)
                        MAP TYPE:                  (ZM or ZMP or ZE or MG)
                        DOWNLOAD LINK:        (This is optional)
                        MAP SCREENSHOTS:  (MUST CONTAIN AT LEAST 3 SCREEN SHOTS)
                                                           *Screenshot 1*
                                                           *Screenshot 2*
                                                           *Screenshot 3*
                                                           *ect.              *

THE PRIZE:

1[sup]st[/sup] PRIZE -->     ONE YEAR ADMIN or $100 GIFT CARD (Amazon, Newegg, it can be discussed)
                   RUNNER-UP --> 1 Month Free Admin

If there are more then 10 MAPPER participants runner-ups MAY be added.

GET TO IT GUYS! If this is successful I may turn this into an annual event! :thumbsup:
  2. Mar 16, 2008
    Moved to news. Hope we get a lot of entries.
  3. May 16, 2011
    This is going to be a very fun event. Cant wait to see the entries! :biggrin:
  4. Oct 10, 2010
    it is started earlier, but not finished yet and never released yet

also it isnt a edit, its a complete new build from scratch

anyway, if it counts, it need a pF fitting
  5. Mar 16, 2008
    4. All maps submitted must be NEW in the time period of the contest (i.e. minas_tirath_v2 would not be eligible) NOTE: Maps that are in development but have not been released yet are eligible; maps must adhear to all rules stipulated.

Not sure how your map places here.
  6. Oct 10, 2010
    i do not start a new, if this one isnt even finished

the contest will be a kick ass motivation to re open this project

otherwise i will let it keep sleep
  7. Apr 4, 2009
    If it hasn't been released yet then it should count.

Will let 127 give the final answer since it's his contest.
  8. Oct 27, 2010
    Yes you are more then welcome to enter that and please do. :thumbsup: The major goals is to help motivate the mapping community here.

Thanks!
  9. Jun 11, 2011
    Wait it has to be 64 spawns no matter what? Because i was thinking of making a small Mg map.
  10. Oct 10, 2010

still there is a huge work left to finish it + the "fit to pF" extra work

(removing crouch spots and such things)
  11. Mar 25, 2011
    Sounds awesome, count me in. My internet should be fixed by tomorrow and i will be back into full gear, wow what great timing. Should i give you my submission info now or wait until i finish my map? because i don't see and download link in the example submission.
  12. Oct 27, 2010
    If it is a requirement to be on a Plague Fest server, it is a requirement for this contest. I know the max number of players is smaller on MG then it is on ZM or ZE so I'm not positive what the required number of spawn points is for a MG map. But for now please assume 64.

I realize that maps are a lot of work, this is why we made this contest. We want to help motivate all the experienced, novice, and would-be mappers out there. There are about 50 days in this contest, what I imagine is a good amount of time to bring to completion maps that are already started and enough time for enthusiasts to create new maps.

Thanks for the suggestion about the download link, I added that to the form. You are welcome to put your submission in now, and you are welcome to edit that submission up until the end date of the contest. Just remember that the map must be able to be added to the respective servers map list by the end date of the contest.
  13. May 27, 2008
    I'm going to make a map that everyone will love no matter how hard they try and I'm gonna call it megabox.
  14. Mar 16, 2008
    I smell something fishy. I mean gay as in Calvin Klein.
  15. Dec 7, 2010
    Fishy, Gay? What are you really trying to say? :razz:
  16. Feb 18, 2011
  17. Apr 14, 2011
    i dont want to sound like a dickhead but i think no older versions even if there beta should be allowed, i mean if you say updates are ok well your basicly saying this for EVERY map ever made kind of. i think if it was a closed beta and not on the servers or made public it should be ok

but i could just update ace course and some other maps to get better chance of winning. which is really really lame and sad
    ontop of that its really makes new mappers that would like to try this would just think fuck it my maps are not better then this zm or ze map so im 100% no to allowing updated versons of maps that are out.
  18. Sep 22, 2010
    pssshh forget the adminship, give me cookie and we're golden!
  19. Nov 2, 2010
    I shoulda came here a few years ago :razz:
    I used to be pro at SDK, too bad I quit CSS for a year.. Maybe next time :smile:
  20. Oct 27, 2010
    Let me clarify, Updates are NOT accepted If it's like version 2 of a map that has been released; An update for a map like your ace course WILL NOT be accepted into this contest UNLESS it is a near complete rebuild like what I believe Moonlights map will be. Feel free to submit any maps you may think will be eligible and we can assess their eligibility as time progresses.

Closed beta and maps not yet been made public ARE allowed in this contest. Please submit them :thumbsup: . The issues you have mentioned are concerns that I also had and as such are one of the major rules of this contest:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.