Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Memorial Day

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Benvolio, May 28, 2012

1. Mar 4, 2012
    While we're enjoying our day off let's not forget what we are remembering.

• Like Like x 3
    • May 14, 2011

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE
    • Feb 14, 2012
    • Mar 4, 2012
      Yeah we do. Not that it matters for me since I'm off of school and have no job at the moment.
    • May 5, 2011
      No School, Long Weekend, Celebrating, and giving props for those who fight for this country :smile:
    • Feb 12, 2012
      Just got back from an event on base called a Fleet Blessing. It's done on Memorial day to honor the fallen and for blessing the ships/boats for all servicemembers to return from deployments. It was a great experience to be apart of the flag detail :grin:

Pic related, its me :razz:

[IMG]
      • Like Like x 1
      • Sep 7, 2010
        It's a little bit depressing when I look down my street to see only one flag being flown. I remember 10 years ago whole streets would be lined with flags...
      • Jul 14, 2010
        Every telephone pole downtown and in some places has an American flag where I live. Impressive since there's only like 200 people in Maine.
      • Aug 1, 2011
        Looks like you have a flag coming out of your crotch dude. Might wanna get that checked out....
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Mar 12, 2008
          I was thinking that, but didn't want to say it. God damnit.

As funny as it looks, it's an honor to be on flag detail. You carry the symbol of our country with one hand!
          • Like Like x 1
          • Aug 1, 2011

But other than that, I agree it must be a great honor to do that.
          • Apr 2, 2011
            Lost several friends overseas and Stateside... Today is their day... God Bless.
          • Aug 18, 2006
            That must indeed be sad. But here we have a flag on the side of our house, and main street in town has a flag on every light post.

Never forget those who served and sacrificed their lives. May god bless them all.
          • Feb 20, 2011
            And I'm still in work serving Queen & Country. Unfair. I'm even working during her Diamond Jubilee.