Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Meowing and Mic Spam?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Joshy, Feb 1, 2015

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 31, 2012
    This isn't to continue the locked abuse thread, and the abuse thread was based on the warning escalation aspect of it, but I want a quick clarification about meowing and mic spam because I didn't understand the context very well (his demo only showed the "aftermath" of the situation)

... again... I don't know the context so maybe @teemo was doing 100x meows or something, but...

Is a brief meow (1 or 2 spread out over a period of a few minutes) over the mic considered mic spam?

When I was playing Zombie Escape, back in the days when Jedi Kitten was around, I was told that non-excessive or occasional meows should be fine. It may not be contributing to the game, but so are many other discussions over the mic; also, it's not flooding the mic to the point where others can't use the mic nor is it "ear rape". For this reason, a lot of ZE admins (I knew/know) started doing it for fun afterwards, and this is including myself. Some of us still play on ZM.

I just don't want to be muted the next time I'm on, and I want to get the record straight so that all admins can enforce the same rules... I don't want to be changing up on the rules depending on which admin is on.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Oct 18, 2012
    • May 31, 2012
      Maybe everyone should be involved since everyone should know the answer to it. It's not a personal question, or a complaint. I want everyone to be on the same page: What do you think the answer is?
    • Jan 25, 2014
      because everyone is having fun apparently thats an issue. I was having fun and its an inside joke that almost all they regulars are meowing now and im sure will all get muted now
    • Feb 3, 2012
      Seems like this is a new thing he's doing (especially on forums) http://plaguefest.com/search/5897825/

With Kitten Jedi, he used to space them out from 1-3 minutes. I was never really annoyed by it mainly because it wasn't all his game time consisted of.
    • Oct 13, 2011
      2) Meowing in mic is spam now?
      3) There is !sm (duh)

This whole thing is dumb. I've nothing to say, admins are overreacting.

Thats what he does actually, and he does it while he is jumping, running around.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • May 31, 2012

[IMG]

I brought up Kitten Jedi because the this was the last relevant situation I could recall.

This isn't meant to challenge the admin in the abuse thread - it's not abuse if he's doing what he was taught to do - but I didn't know that meowing over the mic casually could lead to mutes and possible bans. I posted this because I wanted to make sure that all admins are enforcing the same rule, and to ensure that I don't get muted or ban with my occasional fun too.
        Joshy, Feb 1, 2015 Last edited by Joshy, Feb 1, 2015
      • Jul 14, 2010
        I think this is a case like all other cases... Use common sense. If someone is meowing like once every 1-3 minutes, it does not really matter. If it's consistent meowing like every 1-2 seconds for a minute straight or anything like normal mic spam, then a mute might be necessary. It doesn't matter that the word/phrase/annoyance is "meow", substitute it for anything else and common sense should still be used to determine if it's actually disrupting people's game.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • May 31, 2012
          Can we not call it common sense? Common sense isn't common :razz:.

Okay, good clarification. So nobody will warn or mute me if I do it every once in a while for fun; I'll refer them to this thread if that is the case. Thanks.
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Dec 30, 2006
            I'll personally ban you for an hour each time I hear a meow from you. You can refer to this thread if the ban isn't an hour, only if it's shorter. kthx.
            • Funny Funny x 5
            • Like Like x 2
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • May 15, 2011
              It's not spam, we just have some admins who tend to jump the gun sometimes. I agree this should be CSA though, cause here it's just going to become a Spamfest™ of spam-haters and spam-lovers, at a loss of spam-mediators to lessen the spam.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • May 31, 2012

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1CxlyMoFRs

During my 1 hr ban I will design a button that gives me both nuclear missiles and my latte :razz:

The question has been answered by @PeNguiN (unless anyone disagrees with him and excluding @Secprotocol lol), but I didn't make this a CSA thread because the answer should not be a secret and I should be able to refer to this thread in the future if a situation does arise.

CSA threads have better uses and can be for more personal/secretive discussions.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Dec 30, 2006
                  That's what all the things with tags "Made in China" do.

edit what not how. stupid science.
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • Feb 8, 2013
                    Teemo. You know you can't have TOO MUCH fun on pF... it's a crime to exceed just fun.
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Dec 30, 2006
                      You can always have as much fun as you want. Playing the game is awesomely fun and communicating with people online is also fun. But when your fun is only beneficial to YOU, it's not fun for everyone else. Quit being selfish and skewing the definition of fun to your benefit.
                      • Like Like x 2
                      • Agree Agree x 2
                      • Feb 8, 2013
                        If I'm served as the fun king, then of course it's only going to benefit me. Why would I want you guys to benefit from anything? I want to step on you guys. You guys are my carpet. Kings are selfish. Get over it.
                      • Dec 30, 2006
                        • Agree Agree x 1
                        • Zing! Zing! x 1
                        • Feb 8, 2013
                          Simple answer and I can answer it for my father - I've proven that I can behave on your servers. That is why. Already knew you'd ask this question. I've prepared my answer.
                        • Dec 30, 2006
                          Oh I wasn't expecting a reply from you. I was merely questioning your father's parenting skills. Seems to be slightly lacking in social communication and teamwork. Which is something the work force is requiring nowadays. @Tony the Tiger!! :D
                        Thread Status:
                        Not open for further replies.