Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain

Discussion in Gaming started by Badgriuel, Aug 31, 2015

1. Jul 20, 2010
    So in less then 2 hours it will unlock on steam. I've been looking forward to this game since the end of MGS 4. Looking forward to the open world aspect of Phantom Pain and also the building of Mother Base. This also has the main character turn towards evil and slips into bouts of depression. There are a lot of things in this game that will probably rub a lot of people the wrong way. Child soldiers, torture, executions, rape, and the list goes on.

2. Jun 11, 2012
    With darkness and silence through the night
    What a thrill...
    I'm searching and I'll melt into you
    What a fear in my heart
    But you're so supreme!

I give my life
    Not for honor, but for you
    **Snake Eater**
    In my time there'll be no one else
    Crime, it's the way I fly to you
    **Snake Eater**
    I'm still in a dream, Snake Eater!
  3. Jul 23, 2012
    E
    T
    H
    Y
    P
    E

You know what sucks though? Kojima isn't going to be in anymore Metal Gear games if they decide to milk the franchise for all it's worth.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jun 11, 2012
      Kojima is Life
      Carlton is food

[IMG]
      Post Merged, Sep 1, 2015
      [IMG]
    • Jun 11, 2012
      By the way, I stopped after the 1st Episode and been playing around in Afganistan doing side ops and stealing people for my base. I must have recruited all of Russia and I still didn't get to base management...all those people...tiny base... It's been 7hrs and I haven't advanced the story

At least DD is the most cutest thing.

[IMG]
    • Jul 20, 2010
      @Benderius DD is amazing when it's full grown :3. Just got done using him as my buddy and hes pretty badass.

Also @Doctor saw me take out a buzzard on accident. I was aiming for a soldier with my sniper rifle, fired and the bird flew into the path of my round and killed it lol.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Dec 27, 2012
        I really want to try the game out, but...All said above kind of turns me off, real bad. Would you say it's still worth it?
      • Jun 11, 2012
        This is a Metal Gear game, them not being risking with their narrative does the game disservice. For 25 years they've been touching all types of issues. I say this is their penultimate. But the game is great simply for the story...it doesn't help that I've been running around Afghanistan kidnapping enemies for 10 hrs to build a big Mother Base and nothing but Side-Side missions...WHERE DA SHEEP AT?!

Every time you come back to Mother Base, and he's just there yapping, it's freaking cute. As I said, I've been doing side missions and fultoning.

Also pulling really weird but fun actions is hilarious.
      • Mar 29, 2015
      • Jul 20, 2010
        I have like 3 side missions left so far in Afghanistan. But I've been kidnapping enemies with high ranks and also taking, sheep, donkeys, birds, mice and other assorted creatures to Mother Base. Even been taking trucks and gun emplacements as well.

I will say Mother Base gets massive very fast. The amount of platforms I have right now is ridiculous. It seems I did one of the chapters before hand some how. Since I ran into Quiet while on my way to a side mission.

Bender you need to do the main missions to have DD grow up, trust me man DD makes a great buddy.
      • Aug 7, 2012
        Would I miss much if this was my first game to play in the series?
      • Jul 20, 2010
        You shouldn't miss too much. This is supposed to be the fourth game in the timeline if I remember correctly. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is the third game in the timeline. Which happens 9 years before Phantom Pain.
      • Jun 11, 2012
        Play Ground Zero which comes in a bundle with this game. It's a short game but worth to do the side missions for the extra people you can carry over for your base.

Also there's tapes and a small comic that plays at the start of GZ that fills (I say spoils because Snake Eater is one of the best games) the event leading to GZ. At the minimum play that.
      • Aug 7, 2012
      • Jul 20, 2010
        Just when I thought I was done with Afghanistan I get 5 more side ops to do -.-. Chapter 13 will have to wait till I'm done with those side ops. Also having this playing from the speakers on my helicopter is glorious.

This game just keeps getting better and better as I go deeper into the story and Mother Base. The Mother Base complex can get so big rather quickly and now that I can fulton shipping containers it makes getting resources a breeze.
      • Jun 11, 2012
        I have this as my helicopter music. It freaking feels fantastic to hear this when I'm in the middle of blowing up tanks and the helicopter is making it's way to give support. The piano gets me going, D-Horse charging towards trying to get me outta of the firefight I started with 2 camps. GOTY 2018

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdphvuyaV_I
      • Jun 11, 2012
        30+hrs, randomly ran into Quiet. It was awesome relieving The End gameplay from Snake Eater.

Oooh, also you can custom your own Base Emblem and it shows up in cutscenes, around the bases materials, and some vehicles. Check the shoulder on the second pic.

[IMG]

[IMG]
      • Jul 20, 2010
        @Benderius dude you need to get the ballistic suit unlocked, it looks badass on Big Boss. I also fultoned a wolf last night I only made 200 GMP on it and the fulton cost me 300GMP fucking cheap ass wolf.

Yea I did that last night as well with the emblem

Also @Benderius color your fucking chopper.