Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

MG female skin

Discussion in CS:S Custom Maps started by Che, Aug 2, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 14, 2012

While I have played with/on pF, I have seen that its only two skins on MG, and non of them are female skins.
    I think it would be nice, if it could come a female skin too on the MG server, something like the "Female skin" on ZM.
    it would be nice with some different skins, not all admins/donators looks just the same.
    Would be nice to know what that can be done with this.

PS: This is my first thread on forum.

PS again: I was going to write this for a week ago, but since someone, wont write any name..Retslag, only laugh at me when I said I not found anything on the forum, it took me one week to get to this. I blame you for everything.
    • Like Like x 3
    • May 14, 2011
      We cant have multiple skins on MG atm, its been tried.
    • Jan 21, 2011

It's possible, but being an mg server I don't see much need for a whole lot of skins. For me, the less I have to download to join a server, the better.
    • Jun 14, 2012
      Not alot of skins, just two female skins. One for each team.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Dec 2, 2011
        No. Jk sounds like a good idea to get more Female players? <--- LMAO
      • May 14, 2011
        When the other skin was removed josh tried something.
      • Jan 21, 2011

Ultimately, it's a question of if you can find a good skin that's clearly T or CT and is small in size. Nothing annoys me more than when I can't tell what team someone is on because of their skin.
      • Jun 14, 2012
        Thats for sure. You have to see the different between the teams.
      • Mar 16, 2008
        The plugin we are currently using only supports one skin per team. They're developing a new version that doesn't crash the server when more than one skin is an option.
      • Apr 9, 2007
        We're not running that.......................................................................

We could have multiple... but I'd prefer not, because: Downloads. brb some chemical smell.
      • Mar 12, 2008

I believe Jorsh said something about finding a skin that is less than (?) 2 megabytes. Correct me if im wrong. Most available skins are currently more than 2 megs so they weren't added.
      • Mar 16, 2008
        I don't think it was 2 megabytes but I said I wanted small if we were going to use it. all the HL2 models are under 2mb combined if I'm not mistaken and that is 16~ models.
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • Mar 12, 2008
          Thats because they all use the same skin mostly. Some have a medic cross. Only the face changes. Kleiner/mossman etc all are slightly bigger in file size. Excuse any typo, cba to edit since Internet at work is mega slow
        • Jun 4, 2006
          The problem with skins on MG is being able to tell them apart. MG is a competitive player vs player server, so being able to tell the teams apart is important. This isn't an issue with the other servers as the opposing team is zombies, a very clear distinction. Bringing in more skins to MG really doesn't bring any more value to the server. It would appease some donators but mostly just cause longer downloads for all players and perhaps further confusion in game from all the different skins. I absolutely loathe MG servers who have trails, hats, skins upon skins. It's a circus. When I play MG it's the closest thing I have to regular CSS within PF, so I definitely want to just shoot and kill people without hesitation and not have to guess if that female anime looking bitch over there is a T or CT.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • May 28, 2012
            https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=516800 <--- Use this, and when looking for models, or creating models, make them clearly different.

Ex: Batman for ct, joker for t. etc

As long as the items are on a fast dl, then they download extra models for like 2 seconds. I have used this before and it works just fine.
          • Apr 9, 2007
            I can't even begin on how bad this post is...

This isn't happening at the moment. Sorry. :handcuffs:
          Thread Status:
          Not open for further replies.